Anyone know how long Anglin Pier will be closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gillyweed_girl

Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet (I did a search, but couldn't find any info). We'll be back at LBTS (staying at Pier Pointe) Oct. 6-10 and would love it if the Pier will still be closed then! :11ztongue

Also, if anyone has heard any rumors about Pier Pointe closing down...I heard something, but haven't found anything since...

Thanks a bunch!

GG

gillyweed_girl:
Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet (I did a search, but couldn't find any info). We'll be back at LBTS (staying at Pier Pointe) Oct. 6-10 and would love it if the Pier will still be closed then! :11ztongue

Also, if anyone has heard any rumors about Pier Pointe closing down...I heard something, but haven't found anything since...

Thanks a bunch!

GG
Do you know where the origin of the peir name came from?Anglin is my Fathers side of the families last name....just curious...

Have not heard anything about the pier. Although looking at the rest of the supports, I think they should renovate the whole thing. The restaurant is still open,,,

Joe

jriderski:
Have not heard anything about the pier. Although looking at the rest of the supports, I think they should renovate the whole thing. The restaurant is still open,,,

Joe

Yeah, from what I heard, there's a huge section still missing in the middle...I wonder if they've had a big drop in tourism in the area due to the closing...seemed like a very popular place among the fishermen, but I guess most people go out deep sea fishing when they go on vacation.

Would be great to dive the pier without having to worry about getting hooked (almost happened to me last time we were there and we weren't even close to the pier!).

Thanks for any info y'all may have!

Answered my own question regarding Pier Pointe...its being torn down after Oct. 1.

Anyone know anything about the El Mar Tropic Ranch Resort? Its just a bit of the way down El Mar on the North side of the Pier...

GG

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom