anyone know a good wreck instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
Let us know when you get your cavern cert, so we can ask for your revised progression :wink:

Will do.

waygone79:
cavern should be done this summer (money is the big issue for me being a broke college student) I have been buying equipment tailored to this type of diving, I did all my checkout dives with my halcyon back plate and wing and just got my hands on a atomic M1 setup i am looking into a set of doubles next but i have to work on my air consumption (and quit smoking) I know this is a little off topic but i notice when i dive air my consumtion is quite a bit higher then when i dive with nitrox i actually get about a 1/3 more time out of nitrox then air, I havent calculated my sac recently but it gets better wth every dive, anyone else evern noticed this or am i just a freak of nature (j/k) thanks guys

Nitrox is carrying more oxygen than air so it's more efficient for your lungs to work with. Not a phenomenon. Very normal.

Be careful in aligning yourself with GUE and mentioning it here or other places. You'll alienate as many people as will embrace you. Not everyone beleives in what they do or how they go about it. Divers tend to be an independent group and don't like being dictated to.

you brought up a good point i have noticed that about the different agencies and certifications levels. now the certification level thing i understand they are all hard earned but as far as the agencies go what is the big deal? I would rather dive with someone who is confident with their skills, currently proficient, and all around a safe diver who is comfortable underwater then someone who has spent the most on the best equipment or the most expensive training. now i understand the idea behind finding the best instructors but i guess this gets back into the whole ford chevy argument. I just dont get it cant we all just get along!

Hi waygone79

Check out at www.penetrationdivers.com they are located in Tioman Malaysia where tec courses are conducted by an TDI instructor trainer with a very good reputation and PADI instructors onboard for all PADI courses.

RICHinNC:
For a second, from the title, i was going to recommend my ex wife...she cant drive for doodoo.....but you meant diving

I think my ex took that same course, or maybe she was just a wreck from the beginning.

In fact she was just like a wreck, hard to penetrate at times.

PerroneFord:
Nitrox is carrying more oxygen than air so it's more efficient for your lungs to work with. Not a phenomenon. Very normal.

Really? Does this happen alot?

I have a feeling that breathing EAN is NOT what is causing the decrease you consuption by 1/3.

WaterDawg:
Really? Does this happen alot?

I have a feeling that breathing EAN is NOT what is causing the decrease you consuption by 1/3.

In fact, I'd almost guarantee that it's not. More relaxed as you gain experience, perhaps, but the breathing medium has nothing to do with SAC rate. And to say it's "very normal" is misleading.

PerroneFord:
Nitrox is carrying more oxygen than air so it's more efficient for your lungs to work with. Not a phenomenon. Very normal.QUOTE]

As a respiratory physiologyst I can tell you that this is not correct. The amount of oxygen your lungs can extract into your blood from whatever gas you breathe is limited by the flow of blood through your lungs, not by the oxygen content of the breathing gas. Since the vast majority of oxygen in your body is carried bound to hemoglobin, not disolved in blood plasma, even breathing 100% O2 will only increase the total content of O2 in you blood by a very small amount.

The noted decrease in gas consumption has more to do with increasing experience and comfort in the water.

Cam

Thank you for the correction.

-P

As a respiratory physiologyst I can tell you that this is not correct. The amount of oxygen your lungs can extract into your blood from whatever gas you breathe is limited by the flow of blood through your lungs, not by the oxygen content of the breathing gas. Since the vast majority of oxygen in your body is carried bound to hemoglobin, not disolved in blood plasma, even breathing 100% O2 will only increase the total content of O2 in you blood by a very small amount.

The noted decrease in gas consumption has more to do with increasing experience and comfort in the water.

Cam

no worries. Im just suprised no one had caught it. I think thats how diving rumors get started :wink:

Back
Top Bottom