Anyone interested in Loch Low-Minn tomorrow (the 20th)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to head up to the Loch tomorrow... anyone interested?

8:00am, same place? I figure a little earlier, this time, since it's not a different time zone.

The dives went really well. BKP and I had a great time. It started raining just as we finished getting the equipment packed. BKP had an O-ring blow just before getting in the water on dive number 2 but was able to replace it without too many problems. we did the first dive starting at a heading of 160 degrees until we hit the quarry wall, then followed it clockwise over to the second out-cropping, then reached turn pressure and headed back. On the second dive we went counter-clockwise out from the entry and went out past the catfish tree area. I used my old ReefMaster since my Ikelite housing is being reconditioned, BKP used his camera but I haven't see the shots yet. I used the HelmetPro video camera on the second dive but only had a 512 meg card in it so only got 14 minutes of video. The temperatures ran from 79 at the surface to 63 at 43 feet. Visibility ran from 20 to 40 feet (near the landing there were several classes and groups stirring it up, out away from them it was almost tropical!)

Here are a couple of shots, one is BKP in the Loch Low Minn bait ball, another is of one of the submerged trees and the last is one of the Bass we saw. We were looking for the spoon bills but I think all the activity had them deep as we didn't see any, we did see several catfish though.

Attachments

• loch_Low_Minn 009a800.jpg
    loch_Low_Minn 009a800.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 58
  • loch_Low_Minn 012a800.jpg
    loch_Low_Minn 012a800.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 64
  • loch_Low_Minn 016a800.jpg
    loch_Low_Minn 016a800.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 54
Watch for the pics in e-mail tonight, Mike... (still at work right now...)

Thanks for the pics I never knew Lanier was this clear. I gotta dive it soon!

nice picture of the bass,I need to get up there sometime and dive LLm looks like a nice place to dive.

...We were looking for the spoon bills but I think all the activity had them deep as we didn't see any, we did see several catfish though.

The Paddlefish are usually around 40ft-60ft, to the right of the trench buoy and across to the wall. I saw one a couple weeks ago; 38" -42" long.

nice picture of the bass,I need to get up there sometime and dive LLm looks like a nice place to dive.

I think you'd like it. Holler at me sometime when you're thinking about it. Maybe we can meet up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom