Anyone interested in a Southern Swampers Polar Bear dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt I'll venture into the water but right at this moment, I'm planning on being there....that is if Tony will let me bunk with him that week. :wink: Steak & fixin's sounds good to me too. And the hot chocolate, and, and, and..........Hope everyone has a very very happy and safe holiday!

Brenda

I was thinking...anyone like Chai tea?

chrispete once bubbled...
I was thinking...anyone like Chai tea?

I was wondering... What the heck is it??? (then I remembered I don't like tea, period)

It tastes nothing like tea actually, in fact, there's not really anything that it tastes like that I can compare it to -- it's just that the base of the drink is basically burned tea. As it has been explained to me, tea leaves are boiled down until they start to burn, then the resulting stuff is ground up much like you'd grind up coffee, that is then mixed with spices, etc. and then is prepared with steamed milk with a cap of foam on the top (very similar to a latte.) The stuff that we use is a prepared mix to get the base, then we froth the milk on top. You can also prepare it very similar to a hot chocolate using only hot water and no steamed/frothed milk. The stuff must be addictive, we have people who come in over and over again fiending for a Chai fix, which we happily provide... :D

scubatexastony once bubbled...
"First annual chilly armadillo dive"! (that would be a polar bear FACADe) :wink:

tony

I like that....much better than Polar Bears!

Chris....never heard of Chai tea but I'm game for it! Just what I need...another addiction! :eek:ut:

Cant make it. Will be in Miami at the Orange Bowl. GO IOWA.
Y'all have fun.

Bob3 once bubbled...
Hey, is it really fair to call it a "Polar Bear" dive if your dive gear does NOT contain a chainsaw?
:tease:

We changed the name to the Annual Chilly Armadillo Dive for several reasons.

1) There's no polar bears in our neck of the woods
2) If bears s*** in the woods, where do you suppose polar bears go?!?
3) We actually seen a chilly armadillo
4) Nobody want chain oil on the waters surface.

I can get a friend of mine to dredge us up a mascot for the dive - she'd be more than happy to catch a diller, paint "Southern Swampsters" on it with shoe polish, and pose for a pic...

..don't ask, it's in the same vein as noodling for catfish, and yes, I've been with her on a hunting expedition before.

Disclaimer: No armadillos have been or will be hurt as a result of "dillo noodling."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom