Anyone interested in a Southern Swampers Polar Bear dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast had the idea of the S. Swampers doing a New Years day Polar Bear dive to start out the new year. Anyone interested? I'll keep the chocolate hot and the bootie/glove/wetsuit water warm for ya!

Beast says it doesn't matter what the various agencies say, if anyone gets under the water for 5 min. it counts in the logbook! :wink:

I don't know what the weather forcast is that far ahead but if it's not really nasty, we could have a cookout afterwards...steaks, chili dogs, whatever.

Are you in?

hrm... If'n you want, I can bring a bucketful of hot chocolate mix (our secret in-house mix :wink:) and other various hot drink type mixes and goodies.

depending on where you have it [how far I have to drive ]I just might have to come down .I am always up for some cold water.
joens

think of a better way to kick off the new year! Just hope it's not raining, and it would be nice to have one of the canopies up. Reckon I need to get the decking down to Mike soon. I'll just have to make a trip this week.
I'll be in the country the week of Christmas and sure hate missing Natasha, but will be in town New Years.

Sounds GREAT to me....

tony

Dee once bubbled...
Beast had the idea of the S. Swampers doing a New Years day Polar Bear dive to start out the new year. Anyone interested? I'll keep the chocolate hot and the bootie/glove/wetsuit water warm for ya!

Are you talking about doing the polar bear dive at CSSP or having our own at Twin Lakes?

Cave Diver once bubbled...
Are you talking about doing the polar bear dive at CSSP or having our own at Twin Lakes?

This would be our own at Twin Lakes. Beast and Tony are working on the first canopie so we should have some shelter against whatever weather there is....if they get it finished! :wink:

MMmmm....your special mixes sound very good, Chris. Thanks!

Dee once bubbled...

This would be our own at Twin Lakes.

Keep us informed as to the progress of this. Chances are I will be working that day, but might manage to take off if sufficiently motivated...

Sounds like a great way to start off the new year! We will make every effort to join everyone!

Since my birthday is the 3rd, this get-together will be the closest thing to a birthday party this year! What better way to spend the day than with dive buds!

Beast and I plan to take steak and fixin's so ya'll bring whatever dinner stuff you prefer. We've got a Coleman stove and lanterns. I can't wait to try Chris' special hot chocolate!

See ya there!

Mike and I hauled 10 more picnic tables out to the sites and he now has a little camper trailer set up for changing out of the wind and cold. Plans are to sink the trailer next spring. There's another floating dock almost ready to launch and it's even a couple ft. longer than the others! Plans to build even another one for a bit farther east.....This will really make access nice and easy.
Looking forward to seeing a big gathering for the "First annual chilly armadillo dive"! (that would be a polar bear FACADe) :wink:

tony

Back
Top Bottom