Anyone interested in a Ginny Springs clean up party?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was diving Ginny Springs last week and I noticed (not for the first time) all that trash and beer bottles in the river run....

And I was wondering if maybe everyone/ anyone might be interested in having a weekend dive party/ river clean up party. We can maybe have a camp out and cookout for the weekend or something.

It would help that place look alot better and give everyone a goal to do while in the water.

Let me know if anyone might be interested in this and when you all would be able to do this if we decide that it would be a fun get together.

I am available pretty much anytime as long as I have a week notice so I can get time off from work.

Dustin

I may be interested if there is enough advanced notice before the dive itself. I'm 6-7 hours away.

We would like to dive Ginny and I would be interested in doing a clean up dive but we've been waiting for some of the rowdy tourists to dissipate before coming over to that side of the state.

I'm in if we're out that way when it happens. (We're in FL about 4 times a year.) We do this regularly at our local puddle in AZ.

It's 10 hours away, so either give me advance notice (and let me hope luck has my schedule free) or have it on the middle day of a long weekend. I've never been to Ginny, and I've driven farther than this for dry land cleanups, so it sounds like a fun idea.

(A couple weeks ago, I found a fairly fresh beer bottle at St. Andy's jetties in PCB, and being the jetties, there's always a bit of fishing line handy.... I wonder what the guy in the boat thought when he pulled up his anchor and found a beer bottle tied on.)

Let me know the date and i will see

I dont have a date yet, I am just wondering if anyone would like to plan something out together. Yea I think it would be wise to wait another month or so for the drunken kids to go back to school or what ever so theres not as much of a crowd there messing it back up when we get done.

Maybe sometime late/ mid september?

If i remember well at mid July there was a big Ginnie cleaning weekend

Mania
PS. the number of trash people throw in the water there is unbelievable

I think that would be a prety cool thing be a part of. I know a few guys from my advanced class that would probably be intrested in helping out. I think talking to the springs managment is a good idea, If they can supply us with the wet suits and the campsites it would help bring more people in to help. Set it up and give lots of notice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom