Anyone interested in a gilboa weekend trip this january?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I "kind of" miss the cold weather quarry diving. When I lived in the Midwest I would try and dive all winter hitting the quarries once or twice a month. Those were some good times. I was always completely bummed when it got cold enough and they all froze up.

Do you all do multiple dives or just one? If multiple, what is the arrangement to keep gear from freezing between dives? Our dive on January 2 was air temp at 14f, with wind chill it was close to zero. We were ok on the dive - upper 40’s water temp, but everything froze solid on exit and we couldn’t get another dive in. I had to sit in the car for 30 minutes just to get my suit off.

When I am in that kind of weather conditions I take a small ice shanty with me along with a propane heater. Makes getting ready before and after a dive much more comfortable. There have been times that I have had to stand in the shanty a few minutes to get the gear latches to un-freeze so I could ditch the equipment!

Do you all do multiple dives or just one? If multiple, what is the arrangement to keep gear from freezing between dives? Our dive on January 2 was air temp at 14f, with wind chill it was close to zero. We were ok on the dive - upper 40’s water temp, but everything froze solid on exit and we couldn’t get another dive in. I had to sit in the car for 30 minutes just to get my suit off.

Some sort of shelter and a heater are essential in those conditions.

Hey everyone, I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on this Sunday because the bengals decided to keep winning and I don't want to miss the AFC championship. If anyone would be interested in trying again in february let me know either on here or by direct message!

Hey everyone, I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on this Sunday because the bengals decided to keep winning and I don't want to miss the AFC championship. If anyone would be interested in trying again in february let me know either on here or by direct message!
Drop a note in this thread again when you want to hit Gilboa, I'm all in!

Back
Top Bottom