Anyone in DFW headed to the lake Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxIceDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone in the DFW area headed to the lake on Saturday.

I have had some plans change and now have a day free where I could go diving.

Don't much care where, PK, CSSP, Murray. My only constraint is that it has to be close enough that I can get back in town by about 7:30 (have to work from 8p-1a)

Randy

I found a buddy. We are headed to Possum Kingdom. Plan to be out there around 9am and head back around 5pm.

RC

Report please Randy... :)

PK trip report, Dec 1, 2007

Well it was a windy day. We were the only divers (and people for that matter) there.

Water temp was 61 pretty much all the way down to 80ft. Vis was 3ft, got really dark below about 25ft. Typical PK diving this time of year.

Did 2 dives, about 90 minutes total bottom time. Had planned on doing 3 dives, but after the 2nd dive the wind kicked up significantly and we decided to call it a day and go and get some ice cream.

I accomplished my goal of checking out my gear to get ready for Ice diving. My drysuit stayed dry. My ice regs and H-valve configuration worked well. This is really the first dive that I have made with my drysuit since I put it way in the spring. I was in desparately in need of a tune-up.

I still have some more tuning to do. The water wasn't cold enough to go with the full ice configuration. I still have 1 more layer of undergarment, and ice cap and dry gloves to add and then I will be at full ice strength. Should be cold enough by New Years day for that.

I checked the lake temps at Okoboji, IA. running at 42 degrees today and the air temp hasn't been above freezing for several days. We should start seeing ice forming in the next 2-3 weeks.

Randy

Great report. Anyone diving tomorrow? I am in Fort Worth and would like to get one or two dives in.

6015405172 if you or anyone wants to go. I have to be back in Fort Worth by 2 pm.

Sorry, Have to bail this weekend. I am hiking/backpacking with my son's boy scout troop. They are training for an upcomming Philmont Trek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom