Anyone here take this video? Tigers and Bulls off Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No idea who shot it, but that's an Emerald Charters run by the looks of it. I only skimmed through the video, but I didn't see any bulls - just a lemon swirl and the tiger. The bulls we see on those dives are typically surprisingly circumspect; I was out there within a few days of that video and we had two or three that stayed at the edge of visual range until we were well on our way up. Viz wasn't great, 50 ft at best.

Is there a question behind this? You might not find who shot the video but people can answer questions if there are any

That may have been a Bull at 1'25" but hard to tell because he went behind a diver. Also at 16 minutes. I saw some lemons yesterday in Jupiter but my camera sucks and it must have had a spot on the lens.

That may have been a Bull at 1'25" but hard to tell because he went behind a diver. Also at 16 minutes. I saw some lemons yesterday in Jupiter but my camera sucks and it must have had a spot on the lens.

The sharks at 1:25 on the original clip all look like lemons to me - the 1st and 2nd dorsal fins being of nearly equal size is the giveaway. Bulls are short and stocky; my description is that they look like they could swim through a brick wall.

The sharks that appear starting at 15:25 on the other hand are definitely bulls; that looks like it was shot over the Jupiter Deep Ledge. I hadn't advanced to that point on the clip when looking at it earlier; possibly what threw me was expecting that if the footage was edited in order it should have been at the start of the clip, as the Deep Ledge is almost always done first.

I dove on Emerald yesterday; because conditions were a little bumpy we stuck to the wrecks. We had one juvenile tiger (not the one in the clip), one great hammerhead, and two or three bulls make a few flybys but none of them really came in to mix it up. Even the pro photographers just got "proof of life" shots of them. On the other hand there were at least 12 lemons all over us like the Bumpus hounds; one jacked the barracuda carcass we were saving to try and bring the hammerhead in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom