Anyone here seen "Shark Mountain"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdshort

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recorded it last night on my TiVo. According to the info, it came out in 2004, so maybe a few people have seen it? It's an episode of the PBS series Nature, and it was basically a "behind the scenes" look and Howard Hall and his team of underwater filmographers, while they were doing filming at Cocos Island. Fantastic footage of both the undersea life, and the divers doing their thing. I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing images of giant schools of hammerhead sharks. They also got some rare footage of the mating cycle of a reef shark, which reminded me of the mating cycle of some people I know :wink: It was pretty funny listening to Howard and his buddy talk to each other underwater using their comms, since they were both breathing mix.

Both Howard and his partner dive CCR (I was wondering what brand Howard was using), though his wife only was diving with OC. The one time I saw Howard diving OC, he had danglies!! :shakehead

Hey, I saw this last night on PBS! Interesting that it came out it 2004... especially since Hall mentioned shark finning by the Taiwanese. (The film Sharkwater is basically all about shark finning in and around Costa Rica and it wasn't release until 2007.) Regardless, a very enjoyable episode of Nature.

bdshort:
Both Howard and his partner dive CCR (I was wondering what brand Howard was using), though his wife only was diving with OC. The one time I saw Howard diving OC, he had danglies!! :shakehead

http://www.howardhall.com/stories/rebreather_blunders.html

They also used BCs; and danglies don't matter in open water.

I guess that's true, I guess I'm just so anal about it that I was surprised to see a better diver than I'll ever be have them. :)

Good reading on the CCR blunders, thanks for the link. Hopefully someday I'll actually be able to afford one!

Back
Top Bottom