Trip Report Socorro 22-30 December, 2018 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s a good point. After such a long crossing trip, you want to enjoy being there a bit longer than 5 days, especially in Roca Partida.

We had only 1 day in Roca Partida, due to the looming bad weather. It is just a small rock protruding from the ocean, so the ship would be exposed in the open water with little protection from rough sea & bad weather. Hopefully you’ll have calm sea & good weather then, so you can enjoy more than a day of diving under Roca Partida.

That’s a good point. After such a long crossing trip, you want to enjoy being there a bit longer than 5 days, especially in Roca Partida.

We had only 1 day in Roca Partida, due to the looming bad weather. It is just a small rock protruding from the ocean, so the ship would be exposed in the open water with little protection from rough sea & bad weather. Hopefully you’ll have calm sea & good weather then, so you can enjoy more than a day of diving under Roca Partida.

Hi again Dan- We are leaving for Socorro next Thursday and super excited. I saw in an earlier post you mentioned that everyone in your dive group surfaced at the same time. I have to wonder how that works if someone is an air hog and only last 30 minutes or so? I hate to be on such an epic trip, and keep having good dives cut super short for just one person.
Thanks!
Dave

Hi again Dan- We are leaving for Socorro next Thursday and super excited. I saw in an earlier post you mentioned that everyone in your dive group surfaced at the same time. I have to wonder how that works if someone is an air hog and only last 30 minutes or so? I hate to be on such an epic trip, and keep having good dives cut super short for just one person.
Thanks!
Dave

Good for you!

The air hogger can get a bigger tank, like HP100. Also, you’ll be grouped by experience level. Lastly, if you have to ascend earlier than the rest of the group, you’ll go up with your buddy, while the rest stay down.

Enjoy the Socorro diving!

Good for you!

The air hogger can get a bigger tank, like HP100. Also, you’ll be grouped by experience level. Lastly, if you have to ascend earlier than the rest of the group, you’ll go up with your buddy, while the rest stay down.

Enjoy the Socorro diving!

Thanks again for the info, you've been a big help to my wife and I and our expectations. I will make sure to report back with our experience!

Reactions: Dan

Back
Top Bottom