Anyone heading to LLM or Blue Water the 3rd or 4th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Actually, disregard the post title... I meant the 4th or 5th!!

My dive buddy (wife) is out of town, and I *really* would like to get wet (and check out a new rig)... I'm not a big fan of solo...

Anyone heading to the quarries?

Great! Saturday is starting to look like a bust, weather-wise, however, Sunday might workout well.

I was looking at either Blue Water in Pelham, or Loch Low-Minn, in Athens, Tn., (about 45 minutes or so beyond DiveHaven).

They're both good quarries (viz is head and shoulders better than Dive Haven). Additionally, there are actually things to *see*, including paddlefish (if you're lucky enough) at LLM.

Both are about 2:45 to 3:00 hrs., so I typically leave about 6:30am. I've also gone up the night before, to get an early start (there's lodging near both, however, there's that added expense).
I have a new rig I haven't been able to check/trim/adjust/weight yet... Hoping to do that as well this trip.

Let me know if you're interested - and if so, which quarry appeals to you. I think I saw that Kraken was going to be camping up at LLM this weekend as well.

I'm in Suwanee, so you're not too far from me, in Duluth.

I'm game for Bluewater. LLM would be nice but Bluewater is much closer. Saturday or Sunday is ok by me. I got a bunch of new gear to try out too.

Well, Pelham Bluewater looks like it has the best chance of decent weather on Sunday...
Dave, you're about an hour closer than us, I think...
Flight, if you're interested let me know, and we can either carpool or convoy...

I'm about 125 miles from Bluewater.

Now it looks like Loch Low-Minn will have better weather tomorrow (Sunday, the 6th)...
Let me know if anyone's interested.

I plan on heading up there early (for a 10:00am arrival, or so).

Dave, we're heading to Blue Water in the morning... should be there about 9:30 Central Time, if you want to meet us there.

I'm in a brown Altima... MIke has a red Montero.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom