Anyone heading to Clear Springs this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well TropiGal and I got in a few really good dives this weekend while her hubby was doing DM for a class.

Saturday we all did a dive off the northern dock, down to the boat, over to the wall then back up to the northern end. Hubby (Matosince70) was low on air after this dive so Tropi and I went for the second dive just around the northern edge.

Sunday morning we did pretty much a mirror image of Saturday's second dive, just a little longer(61 minutes).

Saturday was Clear Springs busiest day to date, per Robert. They had a record number of people through their gates. Even withal the folks, Tropi and I didnt even pass a single diver during this mornings dive.

The vis was down a little this week. Probably around 25'. We encountered the largest group of fingerling bass I have ever seen. At the very northern part of the lake there is a spot that is pretty much void of vegitation on both sides but has a good patch of hydrilla in the middle, growing up the side of the sloping wall. We swam right into a school of at least several hundred of the little guys. Completely cool.

Anyway. It was a great weekend to be wet.

Bill

As Bill said, it was another good day at CSSP in Terrell, TX and he reported it well. Good job on that, Bill. I really enjoyed diving with you - let me know how the pictures turn out.

I'm glad you came today - I would have been buddyless without you being there. As it turned out, that was my only dive of the day - glad it was a long one! After you left, things just didn't fall into place for another dive for MakoSince70 (Bill) and I to do another one. And it was definitely too hot without the shade tent today...so the shark will have to wait on me for another time! That would be next weekend.

KimN said she might be out there today, but if she did come, we missed her. So...Kim, keep in touch and we'll do it another time.

Thanks again, Bill.

which is unforetunate for me! Sounds like ya'll had a really good time. We did a wreck dive Saturday but we did a surface swim from the north dock to the boat. So, I was a little more red than I thought when I got up Sunday. Otherwise, the diving was great! I love the thermocline, too. It's refreshing when the surface temp is 98

maybe next time

Kim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom