Anyone have this Ebay manual set?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have seen this manual set all over Ebay and was wondering if anyone has actually seen/used one of them. There is a lot of bold and colored text in the add.....a little too much hype I think. If it lives up to the hype it may be good but I would like to hear from someone who actually has one before spending the bucks.

Attachments

• 8a41_2.jpg
    8a41_2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 166
could you provide a link to the actual auction or the search phrase you are using to find that auction. Thanks

Never mind I found it, he as good feedback although the large bold print on the auction page is enough to make me say I dont want something.

That was my impression...a little too much hype for it to be legit. I am hoping someone has actually seen one. I have manuals for most all of my equipment but I like to add to my libary if I can get good information.

I agree.... the print size is so large you can't read it, but it seems like a decent collection of manuals. If it's got all that listed for the price, then in my opinin the price isn't bad.

what you're really paying for though is someone taking all the info and putting it into one 'distribution'. Because you can download most of those manuals off the internet for free anyway. You just have to find them and find what you want. If you want them all at once, then the $13 bucks isn't that bad for the time it would take you to find them all.

are you looking for just one manual? if so, then do a google search for it or state it here and chances are someones got it. if you want them all, then $13 sounds decent to me.

for those who don't want to search for the link on ebay, here is is. eBay Seller: h20prince10: Water Sports, Sporting Goods items on eBay.com

Well I now know.
They put one on for $10 so I had to see for myself. I have mixed feeling about it. If you don't have any information at all, it has a fair number of manuals in it. Most can be found on line if you take the time to search for them but it did include several Scubapro models that I did not have but is no where near complete. There are a good number of manuals that are pretty much useless for rec scuba, things like hard hat manuals or compressor manuals and there are a good many owners manuals...not any help for repair. Many of the diagrams are fair to poor quality copies of scanned pages, this is esp true of the vintage regs. The vintage section is pretty weak as well, a copy of “Basic Scuba” has more information on vintage regs
In addition to reg repair and owners manuals, there is a good bit of other information that does not pertain to regulators, BC or the like. All in all, may be worth the $10 if you don't have any manuals at all and don't care to search for them yourself. In fairness I did pick up several manuals so it was worth the $10 to me, just to help build my library but it is no where near as comprehensive as they would like you to believe.

Well I now know.
They put one on for $10 so I had to see for myself. I have mixed feeling about it. If you don't have any information at all, it has a fair number of manuals in it. Most can be found on line if you take the time to search for them but it did include several Scubapro models that I did not have but is no where near complete. There are a good number of manuals that are pretty much useless for rec scuba, things like hard hat manuals or compressor manuals and there are a good many owners manuals...not any help for repair. Many of the diagrams are fair to poor quality copies of scanned pages, this is esp true of the vintage regs. The vintage section is pretty weak as well, a copy of “Basic Scuba” has more information on vintage regs
In addition to reg repair and owners manuals, there is a good bit of other information that does not pertain to regulators, BC or the like. All in all, may be worth the $10 if you don't have any manuals at all and don't care to search for them yourself. In fairness I did pick up several manuals so it was worth the $10 to me, just to help build my library but it is no where near as comprehensive as they would like you to believe.

prob not a bad deal for $10 bucks. worth the effort of compiling them.

I've got a decent collection of them that I've saved over the years, but some of them are duplicates based on slightly different file names. Still don't have them all of course.

You should also do a search here on Scubaboard. I grabed a copy of a number of regulator service manuals from a link in a thread about 2 months back. I wish I could help with the name of the thread, but I don't remember. You could try searching "service manuals"

You should also do a search here on Scubaboard. I grabed a copy of a number of regulator service manuals from a link in a thread about 2 months back. I wish I could help with the name of the thread, but I don't remember. You could try searching "service manuals"

Was it Frogkick?

http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/

Dave C

Thanks, I got pretty much everything off frogkick a good while ago. I have pretty much gotten everything that I can find on the internet but like Mike I have a lot of holes. I don't really need any one specific, I just would like to build a reference libary.

Back
Top Bottom