Anyone have any input on the Citizen Hyper Aqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budhacop

Reaction score
I was actually looking into the citizen hyper aqualand simply because it's also a watch and for traveling you don't have to let your computer get too far away. Any thoughts?

Budhacop,

I like mine ,but I use it as a backup to my Suunto Cobra.

Tavi

You might want to look at the Suunto Mosquito. List price is $400 but I got mine for less, about the same cost as the Citizen. However, you get a full featured dive computer (air and nitrox) and the best freediving computer available. Much more bang for the buck IMO.

The watch is very easy to use and read in general. My only complaint is that the ascent rate indicator is too difficult to see. I'm going to try modifying the protective shield to see if I can improve visibility

Ralph

I agree with Ralph. The Mozzy or the Stinger do all that the Hyper Aqualand do, but for not that much more, include the deco information.

Someone on the dive boat with me last week had the Aqualand and said he loved it. His only complaint was the audible ascent alarm since it would go off evertime he raised his arm to look at it.

Thanks for all the responces I cruise often and alot of my diving would be during the cruises and i just figured the Hyperland would be good for a watch on land and a good dive computer so i don't have to keep track of extra stuff. I'm going to look into the mosquito and stinger too before i buy though.

The watch is very easy to use and read in general. My only complaint is that the ascent rate indicator is too difficult to see. I'm going to try modifying the protective shield to see if I can improve visibility.

I wanted to follow up on my previous comments. The visibility of the ascent rate indicator is definitely a watch shield problem. Suunto is apparently supplys shields designed for the Stinger, which has a round face, and do not fully cover the more oval face of the Mosquito. The edge fall right on the ascent rate indicator. While diving yesterday I pushed the shield aside and could read the indicator at last. I plan to trim that edge of the shield to uncover the indicator.

The shield is the only flaw I've found so far in an otherwise fine computer. It is made of a cloudy plastic, which reduces the visibility of the face and as noted above, does not fully cover the face. During daytime diving, it is mostly unnoticeable, however I found on a night dive I had to hold my light at just the right angle to read the display. I'll probably remove the shield on night dives. I hope Suunto (or one of the other guard makers) will produce a better shield soon.

Ralph

If you take some higher quality clear packing tape, you can custom make a scratch guard for your instruments that won't detract from visability

I did this for my Palm computer and it works fine. If it gets messed up, I just remove it and reapply.

Budhahcop

In your posts, I got the impression that you think the Hyper-Aualand is a watch/dive computer combo. I have one and love it, but it's NOT a dive computer. It does track all essential dive info for logbook purposes though.

Thanks, Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom