Anyone have any info on Spare Air, Pro/Con?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkramer

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been considering buying Spare Air but I have been hearing that the product isn't all that effective at 30 to 40 foot depths. Anyone have any experience or heard anything about Spare Air?

Tips for any forum / message board. Look for the search function. Use it.

This will help you to not ask the questions such as:

Spare Air ___ ?

Pony bottles slung or attached to BC Strap?

Spilt fins do they work?

Do barracuda attack shiney jewelery?

If I use a computer do I need to know my tables?

What is better 9mm or .45 ACP?

Orlando Eric:
Tips for any forum / message board. Look for the search function. Use it.

This will help you to not ask the questions such as:

Spare Air ___ ?

Pony bottles slung or attached to BC Strap?

Spilt fins do they work?

Do barracuda attack shiney jewelery?

If I use a computer do I need to know my tables?

What is better 9mm or .45 ACP?

Sorry. I'm new. I promise I'll try to be better from now on.

SARCAism....

dkramer:
I have been considering buying Spare Air but I have been hearing that the product isn't all that effective at 30 to 40 foot depths. Anyone have any experience or heard anything about Spare Air?

If you search the forum "tanks,valves,bands" for "pony bottles" or "spare air", you should have more than enough info to make your decision. I was researching this same subject several weeks ago and decided on a 19cft pony after laboring through the numberous threads and multiple episodes of sarcasm. Despite your initial responses, the members of this site can be very helpful and a wealth of knowledge. On this particular subject there has been much debate as to proper utilization of your buddy, your spare air, or your pony bottle for an emergency air source. You just happen to be beating a dead horse, and havn't realized that its dead yet. Welcome to the Board. Ken

dkramer:
We've all been new. You've been hearing correctly. Spare Air is basically inadequate beyond 30'-40' depths, due to insufficient volume. There are numerous other options, including better buddies. For (lots) more discussion you can do some searches. Make lunch first, you'll have some reading to do. Other questions, feel free to PM me.

Welcome to ScubaBoard,

Doc

radinator:
I click the link and it tells me I don't have permission to access the post. Am I not worthy?
No you're not worthy. (Link worked) You must have been evil in a former life. Better sacrifice a chicken and dribble blood all over your keyboard to banish bad ju-ju! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom