Anyone have a vis report for Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like Sonoma County might be the only option for this weekend.
A bunch of us are going up to Stillwater Cove tomorrow.
Maybe a few of you should join us.

It is the big mean bad north coast though, ooooooh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at bw now. Not diving but the vis looks pretty decent from the wall at the moment, but some nettles. No dive reports from bw today, but lovers had 20ft vis, id guess something similar for bw from what I can see, but hard to predict for tomorrow. Be careful of the many fishermen and boats.

Last edited:
Anybody dive today and have a visibility report to share? We're considering driving down, but with the uninspiring vis reports recently and the swell picking up a bit tonight, I'm not hopeful...

Hi Rob:

Last Saturday, it was pea soup in Monterey. At the Breakwater, I could see the tips of my fins but not much further. There was a fair amount of surge but the water was "warm," at 55 degrees. Hopefully, the conditions change because that certainly wasn't worth the drive. Should have brought my bicycle instead of the scuba gear.

At least I got to see the $300 million yacht owned by the Russian billionaire.

Claude

I saw the yacht myself, when I was getting my certification at San Carlos beach (I think that was the one). Very impressive boat.

Back
Top Bottom