Anyone going to be in Coz week of 10/12 and have any thoughts on the weather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quicksilver II

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Coz Pros,

I'm booked for 10/12 - 10/19 and a little concerned about the weather. How bad is this weather forecast for a week of diving compared to the typical Oct/Nov? I know a lot of places can say T-Storms every day but they end up blowing through pretty quick and it's NBD.

I can reschedule for a few hundred bucks. I'm going solo and only there to dive, so it would double suck if I was stuck in my room.

Edit: I think I'll risk it. You are all correct, forecasts 10 days out is a guess at best. I'm just so stoked for the trip I got a little worried seeing the forecast.

Also, if anyone else is going to be there and wants to to grab dinner/drinks with a rando and talk diving, drop me a PM. I always enjoy making new friends and it's nice to share a meal when on a solo trip. I'm staying at Iberostar but diving with Aldora.

Thanks for the reality check on the weather!

Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 6.44.07 PM.png

I don't know where the forecast came from but predicting weather 1 to 2 weeks out doesn't work well anywhere. In my experience here, most of the services don't do that well anyway. There are no major disturbances in the area now but , again, 1 to 2 weeks out doesn't mean much. Even your source just says thunderstorms so they should pass.
When we traveled here as tourists, those forecasts would not have stopped us.
We have had worse weather later in the year with hurricanes in the past so rescheduling may or may not be better.
I think the fourth column is some attempt at heat index but I have not seen it that high at 112F. It has been humid.
Predicting flash floods on the 16th? That is one powerful cristal ball.

I ignore the weather forecasts and, instead, focus on the wind forecast. Anything higher than 20+ kts can be a problem, depending on direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom