Anyone from Canada order from DiveInn?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if this will help at all..... I bought an reg from DiveInn about 2 years ago. I don't recall *duty* - however, I had it delivered to work. The "brokerage fees" totaled up to about $60 CAD, incl PST & GST. I can only assume that the duty was included in that price, as other items I have ordered didn't have fees that high.

Good service from Diveinn - Spain to Ontario in four days. I can't get a letter across the province using Canada Post in four days.....

take care
SS

I ordered two regs from Dive Inn...I fully expected to pay G.S.T and a small brokerage fee....But DHL ^%#$%$ up and wouldn't let the package out of NY for 17 days. So when it finally showed up at my door,I didn't have to pay anything.

JeffG:
I ordered two regs from Dive Inn...I fully expected to pay G.S.T and a small brokerage fee....But DHL ^%#$%$ up and wouldn't let the package out of NY for 17 days. So when it finally showed up at my door,I didn't have to pay anything.

LOL - thanks - but doesn't really help my question. Don't think I can count on that . . .

Darryl

dvleemin:
LOL - thanks - but doesn't really help my question. Don't think I can count on that . . .

Darryl

I do not know this forsure but I think you may be able to class dive gear as saftey gear in that case I think you can avoid duty because it is saftey gear. Certain climbing gear can be bought this way.
Cheers

I ordered a reg & octo from DiveInn and only paid $30 US for shipping. The order was placed on Wednesday and I received it on Friday...no taxes/duties/etc. I have no idea if this was an error on DHL's behalf, but I didn't complain.

Sean

thanks to nafta, there is no duty on equipment made in the US. if you have it shipped to a business, certain carriers will charge customs brokerage just for bringing it across the border. you should expect to be charged gst and legally you should self-assess pst as well.

wetbehindtheear:
thanks to nafta, there is no duty on equipment made in the US. if you have it shipped to a business, certain carriers will charge customs brokerage just for bringing it across the border. you should expect to be charged gst and legally you should self-assess pst as well.

Hmm, what we're going to be ordering is a Suunto computer. I don't think that's made in the US. In any case, are you sure how that works? I didn't think it had anything to do with where the product was manufactured, but rather where the business you're dealing with is located. I thought the business doing the importing paid the duty . . .

Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom