anyone ever get scuba nightmares?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone ever get any scuba related nightmares?

like you run out of air? Or see a huge shark?

I had this one where I ran out of air, and I was all alone, and I was swimming as fast as I could back to the surface, and the sun was reflecting heavily off the water, so the water was super bright as I was swimming up...Then right before I got to the surface I woke up...

It was pretty crazy...

other than that I'm super relaxed and confident when I dive...

anyone else?

Jack

I've had it that i dreamed that I got stuck in a crack between two rocks and it was dark, and I could feel lobsters on my face. Not sure how I got out of it, but I guess i just woke up. I've never dove for lobsters, so I'm guessing that there is no reason to think that they would pinch me or anything, but when you dream, you assume weird things.

I had a nightmare night that my gear was stolen. It was the night before a trip and I had to go out into the garage to make sure me gear was still there.

I also had a nightmare that I got 40 miles offshore and all my cylinders were empty.

No.....

Maybe a better question is did you have baseball, football or soccer nightmares before? If NOT, why are you having SCUBA nightmares?

One has to wonder.... :D

I had a dream the other week where I was underwater but kept getting massive pos. bouyancy and shooting to the surface...

Not sure I would classify it as a nightmare, my reaction when I woke up was more, 'what a weird dream'

Maybe a better question is did you have baseball, football or soccer nightmares before?
Not sure I understood the relevency of the comment though

I've had scuba dreams before where I'm floating around without gear- it's like a scuba version of flying.

The only time I have "nightmares" is when I've spent a lot of time underwater- I'll be on the pleasant edge of falling asleep and then I'll be startled awake because it doesn't feel right that I don't have a reg in my mouth.

I had a dream just last night. Don't know why other than its getting close to warmer weather and time to go diving. I need a new mask as the one I had for ten years was dropped in the parking lot and shattered like a car windshield.

Anyway, in my dream I was in the dive shop to get a replacement and needed it right away. For some reason I had just been "drafted" into the Coast Guard and was late for their annual awards dinner and needed all my dive gear before I showed up. All the shop had were these cheap kids goggles that you buy at Wal Mart, but at super high prices. I woke up with my usual 2AM Monday morning anxiety attack.

Dreams can be really stupid sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom