Anyone ever been in an accident in Bonaire w/o their insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's the exact same size as my city. I couldn't possibly care less about fit and finish. In fact, I want the worst possible fit and finish. I only care about function.

Well, we're talking fit and finish that can effect function. We've gotten POS Buddy Dive castoffs that didn't have a tailgate and loose tank racks. Other companies: flat tire, and gas cap door that was corroded to where we couldn't open it.

... gas cap door that was corroded to where we couldn't open it.

:rofl3: I gassed ours up once on the way back to AB after dropping SWMBO off at the airport with the bags. Without working cellphones, both of us. As I recall there was a line at the pump too. Finding out I can't open the door at that point would really seriously suck.

We like to go to the gas station on Neerlandia - it's never very busy.

The gas door actually pried open pretty easily. We weren't going to take a tool to it but the woman at AB didn't hesitate.

Well I stand correct, just got an email. Just an FYI, 1 week w/o CDW is $314.20 USD and with CDW it is $425.50 USD.

Dave

So same price as last year. Sign up for the Amex insurance program and pay with Amex, declining CDW, and voila. The Amex program gives you primary insurance for no more than $25.

Don't forget that the rental process with Poppy is super sweet. Meet someone at arrival, truck is in the parking lot. Finish the trip by leaving it back in the lot with the keys in the ashtray. We once had a tail light that went out during the trip and poppy was behind us on the road. She pulled into a parking lot with us, asked us where we were staying and had someone fix it overnight while it was parked. Very easy going all the way around. Just like we like it on vacation. Of course with the Amex Premium protection.

Figured I'd update you all. Not a word from the rental car company, I'm very shocked about this to be honest.

Dave

Figured I'd update you all. Not a word from the rental car company, I'm very shocked about this to be honest.

Dave

Is that good news or what? I've probably read everything here, but have forgotten some of the issues raised.

Don't forget that the rental process with Poppy is super sweet. Meet someone at arrival, truck is in the parking lot. Finish the trip by leaving it back in the lot with the keys in the ashtray. We once had a tail light that went out during the trip and poppy was behind us on the road. She pulled into a parking lot with us, asked us where we were staying and had someone fix it overnight while it was parked. Very easy going all the way around. Just like we like it on vacation. Of course with the Amex Premium protection.
If you can get ahold of her. Seems to be an issue

Back
Top Bottom