Anyone dove Joe's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the post Julie. Hope to see you guys soon but you know it won't be at Joe's. Sorry, but you were there for mine and I won't let it go.

BTW, in case you haven't seen, Blue Springs in Waldron IN is shut down. They changed hands and now there is a legal disagreement. Too bad since it was really looking good.

We had the New Horizons pavillion to ourselves and no one tried to run us off or invade space.

Do you know if he is reserving the pavillions for divers or is it strictly first come first served for everyone?

Do you know if he is reserving the pavillions for divers or is it strictly first come first served for everyone?

Thanks for the laugh John!! New Horizons had one hell of a time getting that pavilion for the hog roast last year. Lavon was fit to be tied.

Thanks for the post Julie. Hope to see you guys soon but you know it won't be at Joe's. Sorry, but you were there for mine and I won't let it go.

BTW, in case you haven't seen, Blue Springs in Waldron IN is shut down. They changed hands and now there is a legal disagreement. Too bad since it was really looking good.

Wally, I remember all to well. Things will never be the same but I HAVE TO DIVE and having one day off a week, my options are very limited. Chris was supposed to start a thread about the KPP getting together someplace. Chris? Helloooooo?
I miss you guys so much, I cant look at that burnt railing without happy tears lol.
John, I dont know about reservations. We didnt make any, just went up for the day.
Julie

I've been in FL for the past week so I haven't checked my emails. Julie, I'm glad that you have had good experiences out at FRP. My experiences as an instructor haven't been so good. As of last year Joe would not reserve to LDC or New Horizons pavilions for the divers. It was first come first serve. I don't know what he is planning on doing this year. Joe has cleaned up the place a little bit but I only go out there with students and only in the mornings during the week. I won't go out there on w/e anymore unless I absolutely have to.

Howdy all :) I took my open water cert last weekend. Less than 5ft. The mornings were less crowded but when we exited the water in the afternoon the music was POUNDING...since there was a car with speakers backed up to our area. Sunday was less crowded because of the rain but vis was even worse.

Doesn't sound like it has changed much on the weekends. Lock your cars!
But, at least Joe has the support of the floaters that he never had from the divers. Maybe now he can pay his taxes?

How much does he charge for floaters? With a 1000 kids a weekend, he should be able to do a whole lot more than pay his taxes.

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I was out there Monday and Tuesday for my OW certification.

They have completely banned alcohol and drugs. Once popular Oldham Co. quarry has dried up with alcohol ban | WHAS11.com Louisville I am one of the two divers shown.

Monday had about 15 people at 5pm and Tuesday had about 5 at 5pm.

Visibility was about 3 feet up till you got down to 20 feet. You probably had about 5 feet or more at 20 feet. Surface water is about 85+, 20 ft it's about 60.

Anyone want to go out their with a newbie diver? I need some buddies and I need experience.

Back
Top Bottom