Anyone diving Sunday 3/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Feb dive with them was forecast to be about as bad and it turned out to be a good day under the surface. I don't know if I'd make a trip down to Monterey with the forecast conditions but since I'm already in the neighborhood I'm not too worried.

My Feb dive with them was forecast to be about as bad and it turned out to be a good day under the surface. I don't know if I'd make a trip down to Monterey with the forecast conditions but since I'm already in the neighborhood I'm not too worried.
.SUN...NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 7 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 11 FT.

So far, nothing out of the ordinary for shore diving. When the boats start getting tossed around, it's time to look for some protected coves :)

NW SWELL 8 TO 11 FT.
So far, nothing out of the ordinary for shore diving. When the boats start getting tossed around, it's time to look for some protected coves :)

My original dive buddy from Open Water called me and wants to dive Sunday. So we are doing a simple BW or Mcabee dive.

Hopefully the coves will protect us nicely and allow us to have fun.

MG

I'm looking for a dive buddy for this Sunday as well. Mike, I sent you a PM. I'm also available on Saturday

I talked to a diver who went out today at Lovers. She said it was OK but they had to stay inside the cove. It was too rough on the outside.

NW SWELL 8 TO 11 FT.

See it has already gotten better:
SUN
NW WINDS 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. NW SWELL 5 TO 10 FT.
PATCHY FOG.

/me puts on his rose colored glasses

James B and I are going Saturday. I guess the group I'm tagging along with is going to try Monastery but probably end up doing something more protected.

See it has already gotten better:

/me puts on his rose colored glasses

.SUN...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 7 TO 12 FT. PATCHY FOG.

Are you looking at the predictions inside the bay? Without channeling CT too much, the predictions above and from the previous post are from the 20nm buoy, which is supposed to be a slightly better "raw" estimate of sea conditions before the swells hit and are shaped by Monterey Bay.

IMO, it doesn't seem to matter which one you use for shore diving, but you have to stay consistent (i.e., you can't compare the 20nm numbers to the inside-the-bay numbers).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom