Anyone diving Spectre next Sat. Oct. 30?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donhealy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just wondering if anyone on SB is diving Spectre next Sat. Does anyone know temps at 50'? I'm trying to figure out which wet suit to bring.

I was at Anacapa on Saturday, from memory I recorded 61F @ ~45fsw.
I wore a 7mm, my buddy seemed fine in a 5mm.

I'm going on the 11/06. Hopefully everything has cleared up by then.

Went on Spectre this Sat. had a great time. boat is in good shape as always. Tri tip is tasty. Both Anacapa and Santa Cruz were hit by swells from all sides. It was tough for Ted to find sites. Vis was 25' on first dive and then 10-15 ft. on the next 3 dives. Water was 61F and 59F at 50 ft. Spent all 4 dives on back side of island. Tried to do Fish Bowl but it was washed out by swells. All the dive boats were in the same area on the back side (Vision, Peace, Raptor).

Cat Rock was covered with brittle stars. I have never seen that many before. It was a literal carpet of them. Saw octopus, moray, leopard shark, angel shark and many seals.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom