Henderson Thermaxx - only in stores?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know why the Thermaxx suits are only allowed to be sold in stores while you can get the Thermoprene Pro suits online?

I’m stuck between these two suits and am wondering if the fuzzy layer on the inside of the Thermaxx (“Fire Fleece”) makes a significant difference in warmth and does it make it easier or harder to get into the suit while it’s wet?

(Going on a liveaboard so the suit will not have time to dry between dives.)

I've used a 3mm Thermaxx for nearly 10 years and love it. I can't really speak to whether it's warmer or not since it's been so long since I've worn just a 3mm neoprene wetsuit, but I can tell you it is much easier to get into and out of.

And I, too, have wondered why they're only available in brick and mortar stores.

I've used a 3mm Thermaxx for nearly 10 years and love it. I can't really speak to whether it's warmer or not since it's been so long since I've worn just a 3mm neoprene wetsuit, but I can tell you it is much easier to get into and out of.

And I, too, have wondered why they're only available in brick and mortar stores.
It sounds like you’re layer it with other items? Any favorites? I’m thinking about bringing a vest.

I do occasionally wear a vest depending on where we are diving and the water temps. I usually only wear the 3mm down to around 72° but will add a vest if colder than that. But then, from reading what others on SB have said, I apparently have a higher tolerance to colder temps than a lot of people.

am wondering if the fuzzy layer on the inside of the Thermaxx (“Fire Fleece”) makes a significant difference in warmth and does it make it easier or harder to get into the suit while it’s wet?

I have a 3mm black Thermaxx, used it on some 80-90 recent dives. I believe Fire Fleece warmth claims to be a hype. Thermaxx is very flexible - that plus fleece allows for much easier donning and doffing than many other wetsuits. As for the warmth - abovemetioned flexibility plus a good zipper (and domed spine pad) minimizes flushing, thus making you feel warmer. It's showing quite some "wear and tear" already.

I recently bought 3mm Probe iDry - I like the donning and doffing A LOT. It's not as flexible as Thermaxx, but somehow very easy to get in and out.. Didn't have a chance to dive it yet though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom