anyone dive epcots living seas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the dive at Epcot last Friday. I have to say that I found it very enjoyable, if not just a trifle boring after a while. :D The staff was fantastic. Very helpful, informative, funny and knowledgeable. The gear was first rate, Scuba-pro. I used split fins for the first time. Oh my, now I'm spoiled and might have to invest in a pair with my NJ property tax rebate check. My other fins are about 17 years old, so it's about time, huh?

The sand tiger sharks were awesome. Big and toothful. The sea turtle was my buddy for a while. The groupers were humongous, as big as some I saw in Roatan.
I did see one fish that I had absolutely no idea what it was. I called Epcot today and left a voice mail asking what it was. One of the guys there (Justin) called me back within 5 minutes and told me it was probably the cobia. Talk about customer service.

I like the fact that all of the money you spend for the dive goes to conservation. The only thing that I didn't like about the dive was the fact that the coral was fake. Obviously, they couldn't destroy a coral reef and put it in the tank. That would go against their whole mission, and the coral wouldn't survive anyway. But I was really surprised by how dead it made the whole dive feel. Who knew how much of a difference it would make?

We had a good 50 minute dive. The program lasted from 5:30 until past 8. I would definitely recommend it to someone who has never done it before.

I also have to commend Disney and the whole reservation systems. I got the refund for being a PADI diver, and when I had to change my reservation from 4:30 to 5:30 on the day of the dive because of transportation problems, they were very obliging. I think a lot of companies could learn a lot about customer service from Disney. I'm just really glad that they changed their position on shark fin soup so that I wouldn't feel guilty doing the dive. :D

MB104:
I did this last year, and was glad I did it. They are a very professional bunch, and the aquatic life was pretty cool. The best part was having my toddler FREAK OUT when I swam up to my family and took my reg. out. She knew it was me, but was panicked when she realized I was in the water. I also liked messing with the people eating in the restaurant. I'd do it again, but Disney with four kids busted my bank.
funny... i did this dive 4 yrs ago and two of my kids were freaking out on the other side of the glass. looks great in the video.

i'll do it again next time i'm down there. a nice scuba break for the parents. actually one of my kids will probably be certified by the time i get there again.

you don't really need to bring your own camera, but having someone on the other side of the glass with one would be a plus.

you will be part of the show and everyone will be taking your picture. [this is a good time to know how to exhale air rings.]
i'm on at least a half dozen videos lip sync'ing "hi mom".

have fun and happy birthday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom