anyone dive epcots living seas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i always love going to disney, universal, etc. but i didn't expect to get a dive in until i saw the coupon in a padi book. i'm really looking forward to this trip, almost as much as when we snorkeled with the manatees. if this is half as cool, as i suspect it will be, it'll be a great time. this will be the only "warm, clear water" diving i'll be doing this year, everything else being off of n.j. so i'd better make the most of it. thanks again!

So if you go in at 4:30, what time are you diving? I gotta tell my co-workers to look for me.

fairybasslet:
So if you go in at 4:30, what time are you diving? I gotta tell my co-workers to look for me.

they told me about an hour after the start, so about 5:30

phillybob:
they told me about an hour after the start, so about 5:30

Yeah, figure about 1 hour. We did the 5:30 dive and by the time we walked to the Living Seas (via the back lot), got the mini tour, got changed and briefed, then suited up, it was about 6:30 when we finally got in the water.

Enjoy, you'll have a blast!

We did the snorkelling with the Manatees one day and Epcot dive the next. Both were outstanding experiences. In fact, I'm probably going to do them both again this coming January.

Did it this last Dec. had a great time. The sharks are quit impressive. And the fish are numerous. I really had a good time.
Used my Disney Visa and the dive cost me $119.00

And if you do the later dive your dive times sometimes get extended

phillybob:
i'm booked to dive the tank at epcot on 7/31 (my birthday) at 4:30, if you're there, wave. anyone do this? i've heard it's pretty cool, even if they don't let you bring your camera. i know you can get a video of the dive. i hope it's on dvd so i may be able to pull some stills off of it. should be fun.
It's a blast we do it every time we are near Orlando. Remember that the only thing you are allowed to bring is a mask. The dive is one of the easiest dives you'll ever do, they take care of everything. Have fun!

I did this last Christmas. Dive was great and the back lot was also fun. I've wanted to see it for a long time.

The dive masters bring you around and lead you through the swim throughs for the pictures. Then you can go pretty much anywhere, except near the dolphins.

They also have a large plexiglass dome on the bottom where you may go inside and remove your mask and regulator and talk with anyone else in their. That was neat also.

They could not copy any of the video while we were waiting so nobody was able to get the video that day so Disney sent everyone the video by mail for free. Great customer service!!

Be sure to play with the kids in the windows that may be watching and don't forget about the windows near the restaurant.

Enjoy!!

I proposed to my wife inside the bell, even got it on the video on July 2 last Summer,
got married in Sept.

Indybob:
I proposed to my wife inside the bell, even got it on the video on July 2 last Summer,
got married in Sept.
Bravo for your originallity, that was a great idea.

I did it 2 weeks ago. For a one off its pretty good fun. Basically you get a quick back stage tour of the living seas, a short DVD and brief to watch. You are then taken to a changing room to get into a suit - they provide all equipment You can take a mask and a"timing device" although that doesnt include a computer i was told afterwards. The kit they give you is in good condition. Dive times are around 45 mins, if anyone is low on air they will change tank so you get the full time but its so shallow i cant see anyone needing that.

You get a 15 min or so guided tour then allowed to wander off on your own. The fish life in there is nice but the best thing in there is the reaction of the people. You parade through the living seas in wet suit getting there with kids saying things like "are you diving with sharks!?". In there people wave, get surprised by you and generally communicate. The kids in the restaurant and watching seem to love it and its good fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom