anyone dive epcots living seas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillybob

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm booked to dive the tank at epcot on 7/31 (my birthday) at 4:30, if you're there, wave. anyone do this? i've heard it's pretty cool, even if they don't let you bring your camera. i know you can get a video of the dive. i hope it's on dvd so i may be able to pull some stills off of it. should be fun.

Did it this past January. See post #2 here for the report.

Did it on 7/4/05 at 4:30, had a blast. Dive was about 45 minutes long. Water was about 79/80. Yes, they do have a DVD available for purchase, think it was $35.

They do overweight you but it only takes a minute to adjust yourself.

Best part is interacting with all the people through the window. Kids are so excited to wave at you.

Moved to the Floriday forum as yet another in the catalogue of Epcot threads, post a report if you like, have a good birthday doing it - i did in 2003 for my b'day :wink:

I'll be doing it on July 22. I'm in Orlando on business and I only have 1 free afternoon, so I'm spending it diving. I looked at the other thread. Thanks for the heads up on the 10% discount.

Bob,

I just did this back in May and it's pretty neat. The coolest thing about it for me was the brief view of the Disney "backlot" and interacting with the kids on the other side of the glass. You can purchase a DVD for $35, although when I was there, they were having some problems with their editing gear, so I received the DVD about 2 weeks later in the mail. It really only shows about 5 minutes of footage from your dive. It shows the part where you get to swim in the old diving bell, so you'll have a chance to get a cool still from that. If you have any non-diving friends/family going with you, make sure that they hang out by the glass so that they too will be faetured in the video.

J.

It is a really cool and unique dive. I did it in May 2004, and will do it again at our next Disney Vacation as well (heck, I'll do it every year during our Disney vacation). You might want to give them a call and see if Mickey Mouse will be diving that day. I was told that if he does dive, it's usually the second dive though. If they know, they might let you change your time. Just an FYI :)

The boss lady and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this coming Labor Day weekend, and will be staying at one of the Disney Resorts for a couple nights. On Sunday afternoon of that weekend, I'll be making the dive at 5:30. They still had LOTS of availability when I called the end of last week. I'm really looking forward to it!

Tractor Tom

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom