Anyone Cavin this Sunday (Oct 20th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Just see-ing if anyone could accomodate an old lady cave diver if anyone is doing anything on Sunday. (EEK)

Also , I could do Sat. Afternoon too.

I get into JAX Saturday morning (from being stuck in Vegas for a week) and will probably be back in High Springs around noon-ish.

Thanks!
Da Beano

Bit of a drive, but you're always invited jean0! :D

Its Vortoberfest weekend in the panhandle, we'll be diving JB early Saturday and Vortex and Morrison Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Morrison's got a great cavern, you can fit two of Ginnie's ballroom inside of it, and Vortex's cave gets pretty nifty after the gate.

Its Vortoberfest weekend in the panhandle, we'll be diving JB early Saturday and Vortex and Morrison Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Morrison's got a great cavern, you can fit two of Ginnie's ballroom inside of it, and Vortex's cave gets pretty nifty after the gate.

Hey Bugman, I may be headed to Vortex Saturday, late am or early afternoon. What time will you be there? I want to get a little further behind the gate again. I made it to the shovel a few weeks ago. Bringing a stage this time. Mark 985-960-1157 diverecoveries@charter.net (email)

I'll be diving the Mill Pond Saturday morning, but should be back sometime in the afternoon. Not sure when, just depends on how much time we spend at JB. I'll just be diving Vortex with the sidemount rig, no stages yet, still getting used to the Nomad. I haven't gotten too far back, just a little bit into the low section before it breaks out into the next room. Definately looking to see more, but not sure if I'm giong back as far as you'd like to see.

Diving 85's (sm) at 3000 (wish I could get 3600 at Vortex) I can get back to the Ferrara Fissure. On a stage I can drop it just past the grate and get a better dive. Plus using 32% to the grate and then back out that will be better too. I will be diving about 26% after topping my tanks that are at around 1100 psi right now. I expect to be in the water around 1pm or so, not in a big hurry. I have my DR 700 LED and am anxious to try it out there. Made a short dive in Twin a few weeks ago and liked it. I will be taking my silverado with the C.A. sticker and the dive helmet on the back windshield. Last three on my La. tag is "666".

Attachments

• vortex map.jpg
    vortex map.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 38

ERF !!!!
That would quite a haul for me from Jax to get there on Saturday afternoon. I MIGHT be able to make it Sunday morning though.

THANKS for the invite btw :D
I might make it for Sunday.
I would have LOVED to do Morrison though (sigh)

Thanks!
Jean

If I dive Vortex's cave on Saturday afternoon, we'll be hitting Morrison on Sunday morning :) The park at Morrison isn't open yet, but we can swim from the boat launch, something like 100 yards away.

Diving 85's (sm) at 3000 (wish I could get 3600 at Vortex) I can get back to the Ferrara Fissure. On a stage I can drop it just past the grate and get a better dive. Plus using 32% to the grate and then back out that will be better too. I will be diving about 26% after topping my tanks that are at around 1100 psi right now. I expect to be in the water around 1pm or so, not in a big hurry. I have my DR 700 LED and am anxious to try it out there. Made a short dive in Twin a few weeks ago and liked it. I will be taking my silverado with the C.A. sticker and the dive helmet on the back windshield. Last three on my La. tag is "666".

I've made it past Ferrara's Fissure on 1/6ths from my HP130s, after being pumped. I've had Eduardo pump my tanks to 3600psi on several occassions, not sure if the other employees will do that or not. I'm thinking penetration will be more limitted by how far down I can bring my mix after topping off with air once I'm done diving in the Mill Pond.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom