Anyone care to dive CA Central Coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for people to go diving and exploring coastal dive spots in SLO county such as Spooners Cove, Cambria, Piedras Blancas, and others. I used to live in the area, but only experienced boat diving on the Grey Finn and the Princess out of Morro Bay to Pt Buchon. I live down the road in ventura county but want to experience these beach sites with a local or group of locals who wouldn't mind imparting some of their knowledge to a former resident. I don't mind long swims, or cold water, and I would eventually like to get into kayaking. I'd love to hear more about these sites and hopefully find someone who likes to dive them often.

Have a good day

Let me know what your shedule is like and we can compare days off.

I live 1.5 hrs from morro bay and cambria. Although the majority of my dives have been done in monterey and carmel i have also dove the central coast.

I have dove quite a few dives at morro bay in the channel which can be hit and miss on the vis and you have to dive at high slack tide only or the current is terrible and vis is often bad during anything but high slack tide.

I have dove cambria once at leffingwell landing. You really need a kayak here to get out further to places like cambria rock which also has good spearfishing from what i hear.

I have dove 3 times at spooners and all 3 were aborted due to terrible vis. I think a kayak would also be very beneficial here to get further out.

I just recently sold my inflatable one person dive yak and got a cobra fish n dive. Now im ready to do some real kayak diving :D I have used my fish n dive twice for diving so far but have used it about a dozen times hauling the kids around it site seeing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom