Anyone been on the Philippine Siren?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoobles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are planning a trip on the Philippine Siren in Sept and wanted any feedback people had. The only room available is cabin 8 which is the smallest so any info on that would be great too.

Also planning a land part at Atmospheres resort and possibly a place in Cebu.

Any info is appreciated! This will be our second liveaboard.

Ann

Was on Indo Siren and ABSOLUTELY loved it. A few of the other passengers had been on the Philippine Siren and only had good things to say.
We hardly spent any time in our room so personally I wouldn't worry about it too much. Enjoy.

HI

Yes I lead a group aboard this vessel in November for an 11 night trip and found her to be an outstanding vessel. The boat itself is very spacious, modern and sea worthy. The crew was very professional, personable and extremely helpful. The food was very good and they are more then happy to accommodate any dietary request.

In regards to Cabin 8. Yes it is in the stern and a bit smaller then the other cabins. The stairs leading to the upper main deck are a bit small. However, compared to many other liveaboards, this cabin is still quite nice and I would not let that be a deal breaker when choosing this vessel.

For the resort or Cebu...I really don't have any info to pass on.

I too was/am looking into the Philippine Siren - you might consider checking out the Undercurrent reports. They are not as complimentary - several issues with the boat and the crew. A big one that is serious to me is the crew smoking in the common areas. Yuck. Others mention some issues with the diving and reefs - those are a bit harder to sort out, as everyone has different expectations. Anyway, pm me if you want more info.

Hi Divenski

We read the report in Undercurrent regarding smoking aboard our yacht Philippine Siren and have addressed the issue directly to the guest concerned. However we wished to clarify for you that the Siren Fleet does have a designated smoking area for crew- which is the bow of the yacht and away from guests. Crew are not allowed to smoke in the dining areas or dive deck and not when assisting guests.

When we received the complaint in November there was an investigation into the allegation regarding crew members smoking in non-designated areas, it would seem that the main cause for offense was the smoking from other guests on board rather than the members of the Philippine Siren crew.

Guests are allowed to smoke in the common outside areas however they are requested to refrain from smoking during meal times and to be considerate of other guests.

With best wishes
Siren Fleet

Thanks everyone! We are booked on the Siren for September (in the smaller cabin #8) but are very excited.

Since the siren fleet seems to be posting here, what time do we expect the boat to dock on the last day (i.e. what is the earliest and latest times we can get off the boat)? I am trying to arrange transport from Cebu to Dumagette and need to know how early/late I should book. We are considering going by ferry but the only ferry company that doesn't leave at the crack of dawn is Weesam Express which leaves at 10:45 am. Help?

Hi Snoobles

Typically guests disembark on the last morning of the cruise at 10am, however if you need to catch the ferry we can arrange for earlier disembarkation for you without problem. have you also looked into land transfer? it takes about the same amount of time as the ferry (4-5 hours) and is more comfortable and you don;t have to worry about any excess luggage ( some ferry companies do charge over 15kg).

Please check with our reservations team who will be able to make the arrangements for you.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Philippine Siren:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom