Anybody wanna go dive this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Hipp:
I'd like to do an Oklahoma dive sometime, but couldn.t for a couple months. I'm going to pull up the oklahoma invasion thread, maybe plan something for July.

Cool... give a yell if your ever in the mood. Fridays during the Summer are good for me too.

We're easy to find, Spamsonite. Just look for the chicken entrails.

:wink:

You can also ask at the gate when you check-in. They usually can tell you where the Swampdivers are, if everyone will identify themselves at check-in. I feel really guilty because I just got home and I won't have time to make any yummy's- which means Des will probably stay home and eat Rotel cheesedip and Dorito's. Unless he stops at Tom Thumb and brings us a bag of Oreo's.

Will not be online again before Sun., so see yall then! We still drive the white Monte Carlo- working on getting a better scubamobile though- maybe by the next dive date.

Foo

not sure yet but i might be able to make it will try ifi do iwont be abloe tostay late because i have to work sat night and sun night. if ya see a blck monte carlo nearthe ent with someone taking a nap dont be suprised.

Thanks, guys! I'll do my best to be there - I hope that it's not too cold! All I have is a Henderson Hyperstretch 5 mil, which while comfy, isn't really as warm as a normal 5-mil. What the water temp look like for this weekend? I remember it from last year as being cold, even in high summer.

Timeliner was the first to arrive this morning, and finally did a solo dive in desperation. We arrived just as he ascended, so the timing was good- we set up and entertained TL during his S.I., then Spamsonite arrived just as we were about to giant stride off the dock. Poor guy, his timing wasn't so great, as he waited for us to dive and S.I. before he got to dive.

Timeliner, Donald and I began the 1st dive together, but Donald got a headache when he tried to descend, and thumbed the dive. Timeliner and I finished the dive- saw a really cool thing, a turtle running vertically up the wall for about 25 ft, chased by a huge bass. It was a near vertical wall and Timeliner got some pics of it, I hope some of them turn out okay.

Donald and Timeliner hung out while Spamsonite (who drove all the way from Sealy, near Houston) and I went on a dive. He is a very good diver and a really nice guy. Welcome to the northern Swamp, Spam!

On a personal note, I was thinking, after I got home, that I had reached a new level of diving confidence today. I think it was the first time that I've buddied with a new person to an area and led a dive. I admit to following the same path that we did on our first dive, but it was a very relaxing and gratifying dive.

Oh, by the way! If anyone needs any scuba gear laundering tips, be SURE and ask Timeliner. He finally knows how to get rid of odors in his booties. ;o)

Foo

It was nice seeing Timeliner early this morning at the lake. We were well underway in my DM class. Sorry I had little time to visit as we had a tough sched. set by us 3 DMC's. The lake was in good condition for diving. We made 8 dives of various training and did several of our physical agility tests,,, 800 yard surface snorkel swim without the use of your arms,,,,,took me 15m48sec. and then our 100 yard tired diver tow in full gear at full steam,,,,,took me 1m55sec.. I was wiped after those 2 events and took a nice 1 hour SI. Had a goodday,,,but missed the dives with you fellow Swamper,,,,next time for sure!! Alan

I'm sorry we missed you, too, Alan! I'm going back next Sat., with our LDS for a season kick-off weekend. I forgot to mention that the vis was between 25-35', very good for CSSP.

Firefyter, the rumor is that our local firefighters will be at CSSP on May 1. You may want to make a weekend of it and join them.

Foo

Foo:
I'm sorry we missed you, too, Alan! I'm going back next Sat., with our LDS for a season kick-off weekend. I forgot to mention that the vis was between 25-35', very good for CSSP.

Firefyter, the rumor is that our local firefighters will be at CSSP on May 1. You may want to make a weekend of it and join them.

Foo

I wish I could have been there this weekend, but Hot Springs and Cold Beer got in the way. I'm looking forward to next weekend and getting to do some Foo spotting AND diving :wink: If my ear holds up ok, I may do Sunday as well. It all depends on whether I survive Saturday :11:

If you ever see the Mighty Corona Flag flying, that will be me underneath it. :D

Back
Top Bottom