Anybody up for Lobos this Sunday? (5/8/11)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hepcat62

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I totally forgot that I picked up Lobos reservations for this Sunday (and that it's Mother's Day). Anybody up for diving?

If anybody's up for it, I'm hoping to do a relatively easy shake-out dive with my new AL80 stage, as well as testing out a new GoPro mounted to my scooter. That probably means 1-2 dives to somewhere shallow (like middle reef).

Hi Brian,

If you can be patient for a couple of weeks I'll be back in the water and up for some gentle stage dives - :)

Thanks everybody - looks like Mike and I will be zipping to and fro at Lobos on our scooters on Sunday. :)

Man, talk about a blast of a day. Super calm conditions, decent vis, loads of fun just scootering around (we hit HitW, very very leading tip of Betos, end of Middle Reef, Granite Point Wall, and the Coral Chute area). Then sticking around and enjoying the weather there and then finally some dinner (I'm falling in love with those Vietnamese sandwiches). Even the drive back was mostly painless.

Got back too late to do anything with the video except load it onto the Laptop for editing later.

Thanks for the day Brian!

Man, talk about a blast of a day. Super calm conditions, decent vis, loads of fun just scootering around (we hit HitW, very very leading tip of Betos, end of Middle Reef, Granite Point Wall, and the Coral Chute area). Then sticking around and enjoying the weather there and then finally some dinner (I'm falling in love with those Vietnamese sandwiches). Even the drive back was mostly painless.

Indeed - good times all around. Vis was decent, the AL80 stage turns out to be a non-issue, and scooters make everything fun. Plus, it's easily the best dive I've ever done where copious amounts of duct tape were involved. :wink:

Thanks for the day Brian!

Likewise! Can't wait to see the video...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom