Anybody interested in the Meg ledges?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly I can't make it in the next few weeks but do have a question?

Has anyone here dove both before? Obviously the inshore site is a little shallower and takes less time to get to so is there a chance that it's been picked over and decrease my chances of finding artifacts?

I’ve only done this type of dives with Aquatic Safaris - their trip consists of one ledge that I believe is 20ish miles offshore, then they move the boat during the surface interval to a different ledge closer in. Not a fan really of the second ledge stop they make, never found much there. Got a nice 4.25” tooth at the further out one.

The charter I wanted to use from what I understand goes further out, and lets you do all three dives at the same spot so you can leave your reel out there and just do your surface interval then come back to pick up where you left off.

The price is too much for me at this time. $300 + ~$60 for tanks is a lot. Sorry.

I might try to go out for a normal day with Discovery this weekend if they have enough people. I still have $135 credit from a blown out dive earlier in the year.

I have my own tanks so that lessens the hit some for me, but 300 for 3 dives is steep. I guess the smaller boat means more cost per passenger, plus the additional fuel to get further offshore. But I really want to add to my tooth collection!

I got a boat. Anyone with numbers we can head out for much cheaper then that.
You mean coordinates for the meg ledge? I certainly don’t have that info. But I’m interested if something works out.

I got a boat. Anyone with numbers we can head out for much cheaper then that.
I noticed that you run out of the 2 inlets on CLNC, that will make it about 120mi for you round-trip. I know that because I've been doing trips to those ledges(there are about 4 different ones that the charters run to) for around 20yrs now. I don't think you will find anyone that has the numbers willing to give them away.

I noticed that you run out of the 2 inlets on CLNC, that will make it about 120mi for you round-trip. I know that because I've been doing trips to those ledges(there are about 4 different ones that the charters run to) for around 20yrs now. I don't think you will find anyone that has the numbers willing to give them away.
Yea I have my boat on a trailer and can put in anywhere. My buddy who does meg charters in the cooper was trying to talk to some of his connections. I'm just trying to get out and dive. megs or hog snapper are a bonus

Good times this past weekend, Austin. This is what I brought home. Pre-cleaning, obviously. Sadly, I gave my biggest one away before I took the picture. I think it was another 1/2" or so bigger than the biggest one in the picture. Austin you should post a pic of what you brought in. I think you had a couple that were bigger than any I found.

MegTeeth.jpg

I would love to do that dive trip!
Those meg teeth @stuartv has are great!
Can't go until the fall though, I would join a dive trip after mid October(when my boat is pulled out for the year)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom