Anybody interested in the Meg ledges?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AustinV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seeing if anyone had any interest in getting at least 4 people together for a day or two of dives on the ledges off Wilmington digging for Meg teeth. I’ve had a spot on a few of the 6 pack boats recently and have been blown out. Would like to get another day or two of diving before the new year in.

I’m on my own and most of the boats require at least 4 divers to make it profitable for them to run. Doesn’t seem to be much interest this far into the colder weather.

I might be able to swing it. Do you have anymore info? Date, cost, etc.. I'm just one person though.

ya i was scheduled for last monday and got cancelled too.. i went to florida and blew my money in caves or I would go with ya.

For those above asking; the info i can help you with is... offshore ledges is 105', requires AOW, recommended nitrox (they use about 32%), over an hour boat ride to location, 2 dives is $250, a 3rd dive is an extra $50, and steel nitrox cylinders are $20 each. must have own gear including smb/spool and computer.

Yup, the charter I am most interested in is the 3 tank/$300 charter. I can do pretty much any time over next 2 weeks except for this Saturday. Wouldn’t mind 2 days back to back if there was interest, odds are weather will blow at least one out lately it seems.

ya i was scheduled for last monday and got cancelled too.. i went to florida and blew my money in caves or I would go with ya.

For those above asking; the info i can help you with is... offshore ledges is 105', requires AOW, recommended nitrox (they use about 32%), over an hour boat ride to location, 2 dives is $250, a 3rd dive is an extra $50, and steel nitrox cylinders are $20 each. must have own gear including smb/spool and computer.

That's what is keeping me from signing up at the moment. I'll try to knock out my AOW when I'm in FL next month. I'd really like to get out on one of these dives In the near future.

Good luck putting a group together.:cheers:

That's what is keeping me from signing up at the moment. I'll try to knock out my AOW when I'm in FL next month. I'd really like to get out on one of these dives In the near future.

Good luck putting a group together.:cheers:

Where are you from in VA? I used to be in Fairfax, relocated to GA right outside Atlanta, but it looks like I may be heading back to VA soon.

Ok, looks like we have at least 3 interested divers. I know the smaller boats aren’t as popular as they’re more expensive, if we get one more person interested we can start talking dates.

Where are you from in VA? I used to be in Fairfax, relocated to GA right outside Atlanta, but it looks like I may be heading back to VA soon.

Cool. I'm just south of Woodbridge. If/when you make it up this way, let me know. I'd be game to meet up for a dive:cheers:

Sadly I can't make it in the next few weeks but do have a question?

Has anyone here dove both before? Obviously the inshore site is a little shallower and takes less time to get to so is there a chance that it's been picked over and decrease my chances of finding artifacts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom