Anybody heard about TDI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DPhantomas

Reaction score
I am looking for the best tek training available here around. I've contact IANTD, ANDI and TDI instructors, and it's being so hard to decide. They all have something to say about the others, including DIR/GUE, wich are not represented here.

Adding to that, I've not seen any TDI issues on the board. Should I understand from this that it's not a well, recognized/known organization?

I know that the instructor has to be the main issue to choose the course, but still, I'm proggraming to dive at different site around the world, so.....recognition is still an important issue.....

Any comments?

I would suggest that you do enough research so that you don't get into something with someone you don't trust. Any org can he bad or good and within any org any instructor can be bad or good. Since this is all about the physics of the water environment all orgs have got to be teaching (preaching) the same stuff. Go with what your informed opinion tells you, and question everything you don't understand. At the tech level you need to know it, not trust someone else to fill in your gaps.

As for recognition, your plactic card(s) plus your log and your experience will get you in. I did the ANDI Nitrox in Eilat and nobody (not hardly anyone at least) on this side of the pond has ever seen one of these cards but I have never had a problem.

Originally posted by DPhantomas
Adding to that, I've not seen any TDI issues on the board. Should I understand from this that it's not a well, recognized/known organization?

I've not taken any TDI courses yet, but it's basically the only option in my area. The big techy LDS is all TDI, and the others that touch on tech diving courses also are affiliated through TDI.

-Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom