Anybody have an "IN" with FEMA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikswi

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have been trying for about a week and a half to make contact with someone at FEMA regarding me becoming a vendor. I realize that they are busy now but I just cant seem to get to the right person or contact info. All my emails go unanswered and my voice mails as well.

I have allot of experience in setting of modular or temp homes and I have all the equiptment/rolling gear as well. I have crew(s) ready to go, an RV to stay in, ill even tow my new Bobcat down there to assist in the cleanup efforts.

Yes, I have gone to the FEMA website, Army Core of Engineers, ect. As I posted in another thread, I am convinced of 2 things. 1) You HAVE to be in the system BEFORE a disaster, 2) You have to have 50+ people to throw at the cause, not 8-10 that do it daily.

Anybody work for FEMA? Anybody know of somebody that does? As a last resort, I am flying down there in 3 weeks for a couple of days in an effort to personally contact someone of authority and try to get this going. I have a contact with a company that is supplying trailers to them but they dont have any info either, they just deliver them to a staging area and FEMA takes them from there.

Thanks

Might also try anyone that works for any branch of the government, the higher the better. They might be able to get you a connections. A friend of mine works for the Bureau of Prisons and her whole branch has been asked to go help FEMA. I will see what I can get for you.

Curious -- where do you dive out there? The Ware River?

Ok, thats the second time you made a crack about my geographical location :eek:)

I do what I can locally. Big Allum in sturbridge is about 10 minutes away but is a very dissapointing dive-even on the best day, but to bring new divers or to try out new gear it works. Bigalow Hollow is about 25 minutes away. Brownstone Quarry is struggeling to open in CT but, for that distance to me, ill go to the Cape. I will usually take a day and head for the shore though, nothing like saltwater.

Not much around here for diving, kind of landlocked. Where did you live when you were around here?
markfm:
Curious -- where do you dive out there? The Ware River?

You are right on being in before hand.

This type work needs to be preplanned.

On of the reasons the big guys get most of this work is that they have a full time department dedicated to PR and marketing to do this business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom