Anybody else gonna sink some Christmas trees??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon

Reaction score
A group of friends and I are gonna sink some christmas trees at the local lake and make a new attraction.(Tyler state park) We're hoping to get about 60 trees or so. Has anybody here ever done this?? My question is how many trees per cinder block does it take to sink them??

You're gonna put more trash in the lake? to each their own, I guess! :rolleyes:

Dee once bubbled...
You're gonna put more trash in the lake? to each their own, I guess! :rolleyes:

We decorated our Christmas Tree during our Scuba Club Christmas Tree dive. We'll take it out come the spring.

if done with common sense. Sunken X-man trees provide good habitat and structure if not overdone. Thats a good thing for the fishies in general.

Maybe ya'll have too much trash at the bottom of your lakes, but TSP lake is 30 acres of flat bottom. The one and only brush pile is swarming with life, but the rest of the lake is barren. We think it'll do the lake some good to add another little "log jam".

taz22 once bubbled...

We decorated our Christmas Tree during our Scuba Club Christmas Tree dive. We'll take it out come the spring.

Wait a minute... you sank a tree and then decorated it?!? Awsome!!

Poseidon once bubbled...
Maybe ya'll have too much trash at the bottom of your lakes, but TSP lake is 30 acres of flat bottom. The one and only brush pile is swarming with life, but the rest of the lake is barren. We think it'll do the lake some good to add another little "log jam".

this is in a park? What will the rangers/police/etc say when they see you carting trees to the shoreline? I would guess that the DEP people here in CT would frown upon such a thing...

or.... are you going to sneak 'em in at night?:wink:

Poseidon once bubbled...

Wait a minute... you sank a tree and then decorated it?!? Awsome!!

We certainly did!! It is part of our underwater park. We have a wrecked barge, floating flamingo park ( attached to an old tree ), a groomed weedbed, beer bottle alley, 8 shopping carts, a place were Bob the bass hangs out and we feed him crayfish etc etc.

I think other Scuba Clubs should do the same.

As for events we have an underwater pumpkin carving contest at Halloween, The Christmas Tree dive, New Year's Dive ( the longer you stay in the better the prize), Valentines Day Dive place floating hearts on the wrecked barge, not to mention the underwater Easter Egg hunt.

Gotta have some fun right?

Cheers :D

BTW, I'll love your name. Taz has Poseidon Reg's and BC!

raxafarian once bubbled...

this is in a park? What will the rangers/police/etc say when they see you carting trees to the shoreline? I would guess that the DEP people here in CT would frown upon such a thing...

or.... are you going to sneak 'em in at night?:wink:

:) The park ranger is letting us borrow his boat.. he was happy when we told him about the idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom