Anybody diving a Uwatec Galileo SOL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get a signal dropout every so often, and usually from having my arm under my body.

I use two YS110's.. no issue.

I did have, on the Bibb this year, a sudden heart monitor reading, and I was not wearing mine... nor were their any one the boat (just 4 divers)...it showed up on my download...happened at the safety stop... do not have a clue what caused it.

I really have been really happy with mine... hope the next 150 dives go as well as the first did.

Those of you who are using this computer successfully with a strobe...can you tell me the brand?

Are your arms longer than 3 meters? :wink:

No? Then there should be no signal drop-off.

For a few months (~30 dives) I used a pair of Olympus FL-36 strobes in housings. I never had a problem with the Sol losing signal from the tank transmitter.

About 2 years ago, when my Sol was new, I did have a problem losing the signal. Uwatec told me that the first batch that they made had a problem with the internal attenna cracking. They replaced mine and the problem has not occurred since.

Maybe you've been unlikely and had 2 problems Sols. Or maybe a faulty tank transmitter. Ask for another replacement.

Regards
Peter

Hi MMM:

I have used a Sol for several years and am an underwater photographer. I have not had a single problem with twin Ikelite 125 strobes. I shoot with a Nikon D300 in a Subal housing with Ikelite sync cables. Extremely reliable.

The Sol is a super computer for photographers.

Good Luck,

Dan

Not to hijack the thread, but when will the galileo class be ready at eDiving, dive computer training?
We released the Galileo Sol Specialty Class yesterday

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I did have, on the Bibb this year, a sudden heart monitor reading, and I was not wearing mine...

If I do not wear the heart strap, I always get a phantom signal--for the entire duration of the dive.

Hey Matt,

What do you mean by Phantom signal?

If I don't have the HRM strap on, the Sol reports a heart rate anyway and draws a heart rate line in the dive log. I don't know where it gets the data from! The phantom heart beats much faster than my own, something like 150 bpm average with spikes over 200 bpm.

I turned off the HRM inputs into the deco calculations, so this is just a silly annoyance. But it's pretty damn silly.

I have asked Uwatec tech support for help on this several times with the form on their site, but I have yet to receive a reply from them. (Crummy support for someone who bought such an expensive product.)

hi all...
im hoping this thread is still alive..
Is there any difference between the new Galileo SOL (2012) and the earlier
SOL that was released say 2 years ago ?
Some one advised me that there are and not to purchase a used one.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks Rob

i've had mine for almost 3 years....and updated the software twice. It has been the most reliable dive computer I have ever owned and with over 300 hours of dive time on it, cannot complain about any major aspect of it.

Has it been updated? Don't know, but would be very surprised if it has not been. There are several little issues that might have been corrected, but after having used all the major brands, this one is a keeper.

I would think it would depend on how much a used one has been used and the price, but I would not mind buying one.

hi all...
im hoping this thread is still alive..
Is there any difference between the new Galileo SOL (2012) and the earlier
SOL that was released say 2 years ago ?
Some one advised me that there are and not to purchase a used one.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks Rob

Thank you for your reply.

i ended up calling the importers here in Ausand spoke with ScubaPro ..

They advised here has been some minor "tweaks " to the hardware but is all internal.

Bascicly there the same unit.

so, I think a used one might be the way to go as I don't have the funds for a new one.
still, they sell for under half price and I can do the software upgrade myself.

now to find one ))))

Cheers for Aus

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom