Anybody been to the Jetties @St. Andrews yet this month?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JEC11718

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Was wondering about the temp and viz....looking to go next Wednesday. Got a new to me set of heiser steel 127's that need tested out! Thanks Josh

I have not made it out there yet. Looks like the soonest I will be diving St. Andrews will be the friday before spring fest. Water temps in the pensacola area and orange beach have been around 65. Hope it works out for you, let us know what you find. :)

2 weeks ago so not much help was 61 @ 60 feet and about 7-10 Vis check with Panama City Dive Charters and they should be able to give you current

Going tomorrow. I will post you a report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? The weather is supposed to be ugly, high tide is at 4:30pm and its going to be really choppy with lots of current! I cancelled for tomorrow! Yes, let me know!

Yeah we didn't go today it looked yesterday like it might just skirt PC but not the case. Hoping to go this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did dive the Jetties yesterday 4/3/2013. Got in the water at 3:30 In anticipation of a 4:00 high tide. Upon entry there was a light rain falling, and pretty much slack tide conditions. Water in the pass was blue with 20-30 foot vis. I swam south towards the Gulf. By 3:45 there was a noticeable ebb and the bay water had reduced the vis to less than 15 feet (Brown Water). I drifted with the current till around 4:00 and turned around. The swim back was now definitely against the outgoing current, but I was able to use the eddies of the rocks to shield me from the flow. I made a slow relaxing swim back and took the time to check out the many critters. Lots and lots of big red snapper, and sheep’s head were everywhere. While in the lee of one big rock I watched a huge arrow crab go about his routine. I made it back to to the break through the rocks around 4:45 and the vis was now down to 5-10 feet. I surface to a very strong wind and waves were crashing over the jetties. I found the best opening and timed my crossing with the waves. Once back in the kiddy pool conditions were fairly calm and manageable. All in all a nice dive, max depth was 71 feet; dive time was just under 70 minutes and saw lots of very cool things.

dove the jetties on Sunday the 31st and Monday the 1st. High tide was around 1230ish and 130ish . Water temp was around 64 degrees. I hit the tide a bit early so the water was still moving pretty good. I stayed fairly shallow with a max depth of 50 feet. Didnt see a need to go deeper because of the abundance of sealife at the 40ft mark. Lots of sheepheads and red snappers and crabs in between the rocks. Both days it was a good dive but Monday was a bit better due to the sun being out.

Thanks for the replys! So nice to see divers comment! I had planned the wednesday that got rained out. So me and my buddy just postponed it. Its great to hit 70' and only pay 8 bucks to get in! Thanks again! Josh

Was there on 4/4 for a 5:15 high tide. Dove to bottom ~4pm, 20-30' vis and cold. Got the shakes pretty good after 45 minutes in a 3/2. Always love a pass through St. Andrews, but wear a 5mil. Lots of life as always! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom