Any Updates on Scubajets or Lefeets from actual users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selling Meg teeth, I’d assume.

Can excavate 3-16" sand and broken rubble on speed 3-4....in about 15 secs or less.

I dive doubles with deco bottle side slung...

You must be wearing some weight! Even with doubles on Speed 4 will blow me right off the bottom in a few seconds! I'm usually on speed 2, 3 is my max when blowing rubble.

Austin-

I actually don't dive as heavy as some.... I have 13 pds on me, and 9 pds strapped around the Blacktip on an extra cam band.

That being said.... if I had a bigger wing I would probably add another few pds of ditchable lead...just cause I could blow on 5 and move more dirt faster....

People pay stupid money for meg teeth, even those worn encrusted teeth they find offshore ( I know they also find some nicer ones occasionally).
You must be wearing some weight! Even with doubles on Speed 4 will blow me right off the bottom in a few seconds! I'm usually on speed 2, 3 is my max when blowing rubble.
Guys I know that use the Blacktip literally stake it to the bottom on a tether.

Austin-

I actually don't dive as heavy as some.... I have 13 pds on me, and 9 pds strapped around the Blacktip on an extra cam band.

That being said.... if I had a bigger wing I would probably add another few pds of ditchable lead...just cause I could blow on 5 and move more dirt faster....
Oh, I've thought about strapping weight on the scooter itself just to keep it down, trust me.

I own the Blacktip Travel and just tried the Scubajet Pro a couple days ago. I love the Blacktip minus the nose-up trim with the Travel, which was the only version available when I bought it.

The Scubajet is small, almost like a toy, and at least the scooter I tried was weighted extremely negative for the freshwater spring we were at. I did like the light on the Scubajet but didn't like the requirement to press both triggers each time to engage the motor. It could be used one-handed but is not ideal in that manner. The display was very nice and shows your depth and other relevant battery life/ speed information but I didn't feel it was really a necessary feature for me with a scooter. I don't remember the exact specs on the battery but I think even with dual batteries in the Scubajet it falls short of what the Blacktip can do with 12ah's or certainly a custom pack.

I own the Blacktip Travel and just tried the Scubajet Pro a couple days ago. I love the Blacktip minus the nose-up trim with the Travel, which was the only version available when I bought it.
At least with the Blacktip you can buy the Tech tube for ~$300 and you've more depth and it trims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom