Any Updates on Scubajets or Lefeets from actual users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@AustinLakePumps

Here is the reply I got few minutes after I sent my email to Scubajet:

"Dear Burhan,

thanks for sending me this info, it´s highly appreciated!

I will forward it directly to our accounting department and also our webshop service agent to fix the issue. I´ve never heard this before, normally all our customers are able to use their credit card for payment. Maybe it was a temporary issue with the connection to our service card provider, we will check!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

David Kuss | Head of Sales "
Do you have a scubajet? If so which model and how do you like it?

Do you have a scubajet? If so which model and how do you like it?

No, not yet. If/when I get one, it will be their highest power/most batteries version. I have been debating what brand model to buy for a while now and the latest opinion is to buy either the Blacktip or the "aquaProp L" and buy the Scubajet as my backup/travel DPV. I dive solo and I want/need a light capable back up that can take me back to shore should the main DPV fails for any reason.

Interesting that the aquaProp has a thrust of 140N whereas the Blacktip has a boost mode of 253N. Can't find the continuous thrust of the Blacktip.

It's the ability to use power tool batteries which makes the Blacktip so flexible. They're cheap and can be used on... power tools. This also means that you can fly with it.

Please keep us updated...which LeFeet did you go with?
I went with the 2 motor unit, paid extra, really powerful.

Chinese product, so got to test it thoroughly.

Steve, the USA product manager is super responsive, you can call him right off.

The right hand side controller handle stripped out on me when assembling, I think they need way stronger threads, better to use real aluminum to make both handles, not plastic. Steve flashed a new grip out to me pronto. Have yet to test it on a deep dive., let my dive shop owner blast around her pool with it today.

I should add since I just noticed the thread title again, one of the boat captains who purchased a rental fleet of LeFeets also tested the ScubaJet first. His opinion was strongly worded - "pure garbage" - and he said he had a ton of issues and they were underpowered. I've never seen one so I am not making that claim directly but I trust his judgement. Based on that I'd go with LeFeet over the other option.
Please shoot me the link of that boat captain, I'd like to read what he said.

I've tried both the Lefeet S1Pro and the Blacktip. I really like the small size of the Lefeet but it comes with far less power of course. I found that the Lefeet was barely able to tow me around but then again we dive heavy in the rivers and that's not the primary reason I would buy a DPV. We had one issue with the Lefeet. It appears when you are charging the trigger it turns itself on. If you don't turn it back off it may be dead before you use it.

Have used both the Lefeet S1 and the Blacktip.

Preference?...Hands down...Blacktip.

Why...(2) 9 amp hr Waitley batterys... last 3 full dives. Those are at 118', average speed 3, run time of 65-70 mins, and trigger time about 35 minutes per dive. Used to blow bottom... yes, I am a "tooth" diver.

Can excavate 3-16" sand and broken rubble on speed 3-4....in about 15 secs or less.

I dive doubles with deco bottle side slung...

Blacktip is a JOY to backroll with, ( only 25 lbs) and doesn't create a hernia when boarding boat.

Battery charge in a matter of hours. Never had ANY kind of flooding issue. Only thing I've had to do was make sure to blow out the trigger rod, sand or shell bits.

No brainer....Blacktip hands down.

JMO

P.S. That scooter has made me about 20K since last Oct....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom