Any thoughts or insight as to when Bonaire may reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I mean Cayman opening to tourists...
Yes, Reef Divers on the three Caymans. per email today from Clearly Cayman.

Yes, Reef Divers on the three Caymans. per email today from Clearly Cayman.

That’s excellent. When will US vistors be allowed to enter Caymans? I thought closed until Sep 1? I was wondering if that date had changed.

That’s excellent. When will US vistors be allowed to enter Caymans? I thought closed until Sep 1? I was wondering if that date had changed.
The Clearly Cayman email said Sept 5.

Sep 1 is the planned date. Doubtful now.

“Even as Cayman explores how it will be able to start accepting international travellers at its airports and sea ports, the premier said he was “disheartened but not surprised” by reports that Florida, Texas and Arizona were pausing their reopening efforts due to spikes in COVID-19 infections.

He acknowledged that there were many challenges to reopening Cayman’s borders, especially if cases in the US continue to escalate. Describing Miami essentially as a “suburb” of the Cayman Islands, he noted that Florida has an infection rate of about 30% currently. Based on that information, “How can we possibly contemplate opening the borders to the US now?” he asked.”

I think Queensland would be spectacular........I love whale Sharks.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom