Any thoughts or insight as to when Bonaire may reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its my understanding that BONHATA's (Bonaire Hotel and Tourism Association) position on this is that the infections are originating locally and are not occurring as a result of tourist visitations.

Its my understanding that BONHATA's (Bonaire Hotel and Tourism Association) position on this is that the infections are originating locally and are not occurring as a result of tourist visitations.
Maybe but I also heard that the Dutch coming in that were supposed to have had a covid neg test before entering were not due to a quirk in Dutch law and its relations with Bonaire.

On another note, I mentioned that United is starting flights to CUR next month which would be a new route for them and it appears (my guess)that is actually the flights that would be going to BON (EWR-BON Sat-Sat).

Right. Their position is that the island needs tourists (read: money coming in), noting else is important to them.
Do they have an explanation for how an infection is spontaneously generated without being brought in? No.

The fact that United is going to start flying to CUR makes me wonder how much business Bonaire is willing to lose to CUR....perhaps some of it permanently.....is there proof the infection was brought in by a tourist and not a resident?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom