Any thoughts or insight as to when Bonaire may reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that sucks! It’s not your fault that the trip was canceled, they won’t let you in. I was supposed to be there that week also, the only issue we had was AB car rental, they kept the depot.
I don’t know why I can’t edit in the SB mobile version.... I did have an issue with United. I got an email saying that my flight was canceled and to call the 800 number to request a voucher or refund. I called and wanted a refund. The first representative I spoke with said that I don’t qualify for a refund only a voucher. I explained to her that I had an email stating that I could get either but she instead that a voucher was my only option. After asking to speak with a manager and then her manager and then her manager I about came unglued! Well not about, I did come unglued! So after explaining everything for the umpteenth time the representative said “ Oh I see it here yes you are entitled to a refund. At this point I have spent over an hour on the phone. They should have had two links to click on, one if you want a voucher and the other if you want a refund. But they would rather you give up after the first rep tells you that you can only get a voucher.

I don’t know why I can’t edit in the SB mobile version.... I did have an issue with United. I got an email saying that my flight was canceled and to call the 800 number to request a voucher or refund. I called and wanted a refund. The first representative I spoke with said that I don’t qualify for a refund only a voucher. I explained to her that I had an email stating that I could get either but she instead that a voucher was my only option. After asking to speak with a manager and then her manager and then her manager I about came unglued! Well not about, I did come unglued! So after explaining everything for the umpteenth time the representative said “ Oh I see it here yes you are entitled to a refund. At this point I have spent over an hour on the phone. They should have had two links to click on, one if you want a voucher and the other if you want a refund. But they would rather you give up after the first rep tells you that you can only get a voucher.

I never thought I’d say I had a better experience with American. Our flight was cancelled, we called, then clicked a few links on the webpage and got our refund in 10 days.

My first trip to Bonaire in October was obviously cancelled. Now i'm looking to book for 2021. I was using sun rentals and noticed that they have houses available that are up to 6 bedrooms. It could be fun getting a group together and going in on a house next October..

Is tech week still on in October 2020? Wow

Bonaire now limiting air travel from netherlands to essential travel due to rise in covid cases.

Just moved my Nov trip to May. I just don't see it happening in Nov.

Back
Top Bottom