Any Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NigerHadiza

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello and Merry Christmas. I haven't posted in such a long time! Sorry for that! I do have a question though. I will have about 6 days free before my brother comes to visit me in March and I am looking to go scuba diving during those days. I have already been to Thailand, but I am looking for a place that is cheap but beautiful. I can't spend too much money because of my brother coming. What do you suggest? I want to go to Okinawa but I was actually going to leave that till Golden Week.

Sincerely,

Anna

NigerHadiza:
I will have about 6 days free before my brother comes to visit me in March and I am looking to go scuba diving during those days. I have already been to Thailand, but I am looking for a place that is cheap but beautiful. Anna

hi NigerHadiza,

how have u been? to summarize what u say, u want to spend 6 days for diving. ur destinations should be other than okinawa and thailand and cheap but beautiful.

candidates i can think of are primarily those in the phillipines: bohol, liloan and moalboal are accessible by direct flights from japan to mactan island and land transportation thereafter. they fit ur cliteria of being cheap and beautiful.

the hottest spot in the phillipines now is probably donsol where u can swim with whale sharks, but u have no direct flights to get there.

ken chung ar

Maui is awesome in March. The humpbacks are there then with calves. Tons of turtles. Lots of shore diving and boat diving.

Personally I haven't dove any of those other spot's yet but I can tell you that you can not go wrong with Okinawa. It's so beautiful all year round and from the information I have gathered in my short diving experience it's one of the best spot's in the world to do shore diving. To my knowledge not much for wreck diving since the late 50's but we do have a USS Emmons which I think was a battle ship durring the battle for okinawa that you can dive.

After much debate and thinking of money, I have decided to go ahead and stay in Japan for Golden Week and go to Okinawa. :) What is the water temperature around that time?

Henryville:
Maui is awesome in March. The humpbacks are there then with calves. Tons of turtles. Lots of shore diving and boat diving.

I am actually already planning a trip to Oahu in July. I am so excited about going to Hawaii. Thanks for the suggestions though! It would be awesome to see the whales someday. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom