Any Smoke FREE dive opportunities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200:
I Also smoke and to be honest with you I have dove with ops in Florida and here in the Great lakes All of them were non smoking.

Amyslates dive amore in Key largo is smoke free boat as well as there neighbors kelly dive aqua nut or something like that in key largo is smoke free....

I was on Kelly's boat in March, and it was not non-smoking, but Taverneir Dive Center down the road a few miles is totally Non! Cannot smoke anywhere on the grounds, much less the boat, but a wonderful operation. I am a smoker - a polite one, I think, making sure I'm downwind or put it out, but I'm happy to do without with TDC.

Otherwise, I have been on 3 Calf dive boats, and the only rule there was "No Smoking Inside," and I've been on a number of Floriday boats, with only TDC to my memory being Non. Big challenge is finding a crew who will work without smoking.

But best wishes on your quest. I support you all the way in coming up with a directory of Non-Smoking boats, as I do want y'all to be happy on them, rather than mad at me. :wink:

Sue, A wonderful idea to make a list of Non-Smoking operators. I am alergic to tobacco. I didn't know it until I left home to go to college. I always had problems with my sinuses and trouble breathing. Doctors said it was Hay Fever. Left home and my system cleared up within a month. A Dr. at UF gave me an allergy test and sure enough, Tobacco. My mom was a heavy smoker. Let us know when you get the list together. Maybe Pete can put the list somewhere on the board. For those smokers that can't stand not smoking, maybe there should be a list for the operators that allow smoking.

archman:
Maybe the west coast dive ops. The culture over there is not exactly "kill smokers on sight", but close enough.

IMHO the west coast dive ops are behind the time then. Smoking has no place on a dive boat. Sue Sue, if they don't have smoke free trips, ask if they will at least have smokers go up above where the captain is to smoke. That will at least help.

Beck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom