Any Shore Diving in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Curious, to know if there is any shore/beach diving in Key Largo. I have not many boats/charter dives down there, but never looked into some nice shore dives.

Are there any dive groups there to support it, if so?

Thanks.

General answer is no.... with that said, you can shore dive Cannon beach at John Pennekamp park and Jules Lagoon (for a fee). I've not dove either but have read that neither is all all that great for diving and are only good for a back up plan if marine conditions cancel all the boat trips but you really want to get wet. I have snorkeled Cannon Beach and wasn't particularly impressed compared to State and County Parks in WPB and Jupiter or LBTS

If you get access to Florida Bay, go do a snorkel. Take a flag, and go look in the mangroves, perhaps to see a seahorse or two. Find a wall (usually in housing areas) and you'll find tons of lobsters and more. I've had lots of magical hours in the back country, seen lots of surprises, like sharks, tuna and mahi mahi. Sawfish, cuda, flounder, snook as well as the shy and elusive Sargent Major. No timed dives, just a lot of freedom.

General answer is no.... with that said, you can shore dive Cannon beach at John Pennekamp park and Jules Lagoon (for a fee). I've not dove either but have read that neither is all all that great for diving and are only good for a back up plan if marine conditions cancel all the boat trips but you really want to get wet. I have snorkeled Cannon Beach and wasn't particularly impressed compared to State and County Parks in WPB and Jupiter or LBTS

Thank you for the information. I have done the Lagoon, the night life was pretty nice, day time, not so much.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom