Any Shore Dives Planned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know that the recent weather has not been that great but has anyone been thinking of any shore dives during this week tuesday thru thursday? I have these days off and was thinking of getting out if the weather will let us.

Also there are no purple flag warnings around the Pensacola area, so the jellies are not a big problem here, at least not yet.

I'd be open for a shoredive thursday afternoon. Would rather do Gulf Shores, but can work P'Cola in more than likely.

I might even be working in P'Cola on Thursday anyway, if you want to go earlier.

The afternoon might not be a good time. Thethunderstorms have been rolling in around that time. Earlier in the day the conditions look to be good if the weather cooperates.

THURSDAY
WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS SMOOTH.
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

[SIZE=+1]THURSDAY NIGHT[/SIZE]
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING WEST LATE.
SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS SMOOTH. ISOLATED
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

I was looking at the pensacola beach web cam and it looks super nice today.

I was in Fort Walton over the weekend and, at the beach itself, had 0 rain while we were there Friday night to Sunday morning, all the rain stayed inland.

The thunderstorms are spotty, as always.

I can't make morning, but I could make it in the afternoon, probably no earlier than 2:30-3PM. Just let me know - if I don't hear any interest, I'm not bothering to pack up dive gear in my workvan.

ok, i'm on call wednesday night so I might have to work a night shift, but I will know by 6:30 P.M if they are going to need me unless there is some emergency. So I will post a definite yes or no then.

Is there anyone else interested out there in scubaboard land????????????????

I can do a 3:00/3:30 pm dive. If the weather permits i'll go, but from looking at NOAA's website it looks like we will have good weather. With all of the rain we might be muck diving though. Just give me a definite by 09:00am tommorow (Thursday) for a definite or i'll just scrub the idea.

I'm a go, I'll pack gear tomorrow morning.

251-978-4089 if you need to get ahold of me, please let me know if something comes up where you can't make it. I'll be in a white Chevy Venture minivan, meet around the beachball.

Back
Top Bottom