Any scuba gear made in the USA??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... Is there any scuba gear made in the USA??

Koah Spearguns --- Deadly Accurate
100% completely made in West Palm Bch Florida.

Tables.jpg

Blanks.jpg

CLee.jpg

logo-yellow-charcoalbackg.png

My Freedom Plates are made in the USA, and I make sure to spec the material from USA too, since Chinese stainless is too unpredictable and they don’t have to answer to anyone regarding their alloy content.

AFAIK, AL Conshelf 14’s with the all metal second stages that are sold primarily to the military and commercial companies are still being made in a plant here in the US. It might even still be in the LA area.
The price reflects it too, but I would buy one if I needed a new reg set.

If you go to Prato now, it seems to be in China. They did buy all the factories, and run them with great success. So most of fabric "made in Italy" is actually really manufactured here, by Chinese workers, Chinese machinery and with a Chinese owner...

Interesting to hear about Chinese machinery. Italy is home to many of the foremost textile machinery companies in the world, second only to Germany. I have a weave room sitting right underneath me right now that has over 100 Italian looms in it with many pieces of support equipment from Italy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom